Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

freaksoutalot

HSC
hopethisworks said:
ok, mcdonalds staff:

Whenever i buy a nice fillet-o-fish, the bun is nice and fresh, plump, warm and wholesom (perfect, and looking like it does on the menu)

with any other burger it comes in a crappy little package, the cheese, beef/whatever not even in the centre of the bun, and the bun itself is squashed and shit.

why
lol easy question!!!

its because our filet buns are steamed whilst all other ones are toasted.

easy fix to your problen, just request that your bun be steamed whilst your ordering, its an easy-peasy grill.

erm

HSC
freaksoutalot said:
lol easy question!!!

its because our filet buns are steamed whilst all other ones are toasted.

easy fix to your problen, just request that your bun be steamed whilst your ordering, its an easy-peasy grill.
this man speaks the truth.

CieL

HSC
freaksoutalot said:
pretty sure Mcdonalds is not your right, its friggen mcdonalds lower your expectations they were probably doing the best they could, what do you expect from 14 year old girls.

Im a crew trainer at maccas and it pretty much goes, if the customer is pleasant than they get super service including going that little bit faster, and for the girl picking up the sauces its store policy to CAYG that means clean up any messes as they are made, sauces must be picked up right away as it is a slipping issue.

and your friend is wrong max cash out at mcdonalds is $100, as we are a food service place not an ATM. and anything above $90 we need a managers swipe as this stops issues such as fraud and stealing etc.

get off your high horse and walk a little bit in these girls shoes, im absolutely sick of people telling us how to work.
So what makes you think I have no experience in the area of hospitality and it's expectations? I've worked at a food court, a mid class cafe, and a high end fine dining restaurant.

At Maccas, I relate to my experiences working at a dodgy food court store. Expectations? What expecations? I just expect to get my food. That's it. I dont expect the workers to smile, I dont expect them to be zipping around, I seriously don't expect anything much.

But you tell me, as a crew trainer, is taking 10 minutes to serve a chocolate sundae acceptable? You've missed the whole point of my post. Speed. I dont mind if you walk at a normal pace, but when you walk like someone's put you on slow motion, pause then rewind.. I do think there's something wrong with the way they're working.. And as a crew trainer, if you actually allow and promote this behaviour.. why the fuck would you even need a trainer? Just rock up to work and do whatever you want why don't you?

I'll ignore what you said about picking up the sauces. /Forehead slap. No - fucking - shit. My point was how slow she did it.

With cash out. You say the max is $100. However, if I chose to cash out $90 - which is $10 less than the "limit" - then there would be no checks for fraud/security/theft?

It's not like I even complained to them or their manager so I don't understand what you're whinging about. I greeted them like I would greet one of my customers, so I'm sure "pleasant-ness" wasn't an issue, and if that could make them serve faster I'm not sure how I could of gone wrong.

My expectations for you guys who aren't my staff nor do I have any responsibility over are practically zero. You should see the 15-50yr olds I train. Perhaps you should raise your standards.

HSC
I get customers asking me what is the maximum cashout they can get. I still tell them $400. I'm not gonna tell them $1000 because most of the time, I don't have that much cash in my till and even if I do (short of having heaps of $50s in there), I'd clear them out at once if I gave some guy $1k lol. ^_^

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Not really staff, my sort of boss, whatever.

If I ask you where head office is, tell me the street address. Not the suburb. I'm going to need to know which building to go to in that suburb.

And if you ask me to call your mobile when I leave, give me your mobile number. I would have thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

spence

HSC
CieL said:
So what makes you think I have no experience in the area of hospitality and it's expectations? I've worked at a food court, a mid class cafe, and a high end fine dining restaurant.

At Maccas, I relate to my experiences working at a dodgy food court store. Expectations? What expecations? I just expect to get my food. That's it. I dont expect the workers to smile, I dont expect them to be zipping around, I seriously don't expect anything much.

But you tell me, as a crew trainer, is taking 10 minutes to serve a chocolate sundae acceptable? You've missed the whole point of my post. Speed. I dont mind if you walk at a normal pace, but when you walk like someone's put you on slow motion, pause then rewind.. I do think there's something wrong with the way they're working.. And as a crew trainer, if you actually allow and promote this behaviour.. why the fuck would you even need a trainer? Just rock up to work and do whatever you want why don't you?

I'll ignore what you said about picking up the sauces. /Forehead slap. No - fucking - shit. My point was how slow she did it.

With cash out. You say the max is $100. However, if I chose to cash out $90 - which is $10 less than the "limit" - then there would be no checks for fraud/security/theft?

It's not like I even complained to them or their manager so I don't understand what you're whinging about. I greeted them like I would greet one of my customers, so I'm sure "pleasant-ness" wasn't an issue, and if that could make them serve faster I'm not sure how I could of gone wrong.

My expectations for you guys who aren't my staff nor do I have any responsibility over are practically zero. You should see the 15-50yr olds I train. Perhaps you should raise your standards.
I agree with this. I'm a crew chief at Maccas and there are some ridiculously slow people, like I don't understand how they can be that slow.

And to the 14 year olds who bludge all shift, when you're asked to do something, don't sigh and then bitch to your friend. You're paid to work, get over yourself

spence

HSC
And to the people who like steamed buns, the steamers are probably being got rid of soon, so you won't be able to do that for much longer

HSC
To my Store Trading Manager:

Do not, under any circumstances, tell a customer that they are entitled to the Scanning Policy when they are not. It does not cover operator error, so don't tell me that "its not good enough that the operators don't know the difference between Kensington and R2E2 Mangos" IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMER!

Seriously, shouldn't you have more knowlege of the policy than I do.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
to my annoying, bossy & fat co-worker.

- make the freaking sandwiches yourself. dont make the other workers do it.
- dont complain over something when our boss tells you to do so. if he tells you to clean the coffee machine, he means YOU, not someone else.
- if i'm making a coffee for a customer that you took the order from, do not snap at me when I ask you who the coffee is for.
- do not watch me making coffees to make sure i'm doing it right. i've been working here for 4 months longer than you have, so you have no right to check on what i'm doing.
- just mop the floor if you're asked to. even if it is such a tedious job, just deal with it.
- if you're not doing anything and i'm busy with a customer, do not come up to me and give me a massive box to unpack and sort out. you do it, you lazy turd.
- don't complain to our boss if he warns that you that he's going to glad wrap your phone because you've been using it while you're meant to be working.
- when the shop is quiet, and we've been told to fold boxes, don't yell at me if i decide that i don't want to my boxes near you because you are a loser.
- don't talk to me about your digusting boyfriend who has freakishly long hair, smokes, looks like a stoner and is like 5 years older than you. i don't actually care at all.

stupid bitch.

akrinis

HSC
I had a horrible experience at JB-HIFI Liverpool yesterday afternoon. My friend bought a micro-sd card and payed using Credit. The sales assistant at the counter asks for Identification (WTF?) and she was acting like a bitch too. Didn't look the customer in the eye, hostile tone... absolutely crap. Made my friend sign TWICE!!! She didn't even -TRY- to look like a pleasant sales assistant. URRRGH.

Next time if a sales assistant is acting like that, I'll not hesitate to ask for the manager. =)

kow_dude

HSC
akrinis said:
I had a horrible experience at JB-HIFI Liverpool yesterday afternoon. My friend bought a micro-sd card and payed using Credit. The sales assistant at the counter asks for Identification (WTF?) and she was acting like a bitch too. Didn't look the customer in the eye, hostile tone... absolutely crap. Made my friend sign TWICE!!! She didn't even -TRY- to look like a pleasant sales assistant. URRRGH.

Next time if a sales assistant is acting like that, I'll not hesitate to ask for the manager. =)
You should be thanking her for asking ID. She is protecting your friend against credit card frauds.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
cafe staff -

So um, if I ask for soy milk in my coffee it would be kind of nice if you could do it and not act pissy when I bring it back because normal milk makes me feel ill. I was totally nice about it and offered to pay for another drink so STFU.

Also you used out of date cream in my little sister's drink and she was gagging about it all day. Not cool. It was like...kind of yellow. With chunks. :/

HSC
Yeah you work in a department store and its like 2 weeks till christmas but you don't have to be a total fucking bitch to customers even when they're not doing anything wrong.

Stupid self serve bitch at big w Warrawong was so rude to me and my Mum and we weren't even doing anything wrong and I was being polite to her.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
To the Store Manager - do not buzz the service desk to yell every time we call someone from grocery for service 20 when the trolleys are three deep at the registers. Service is number one priority and i'm sure they can be spared for five minutes. If you think otherwise, you can come down and supervise in the immediate presence of a horde of angry customers and staff and see how you like it.

To lazy new employee - when you're new, your supposed to put your head down and work hard. So when told to go face up don't wander over to the Deli for a chat and take an extra ten minutes on your break (which you have demanded exactly on schedule). and definitely DO NOT pick jobs off the job list for ME to do when i'm not serving, when all you do is stand around at the service desk gaping.

oh and a pet hate, also fold up the receipt before you give it to the customer, and if possible, put it in their bags.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
cafe staff -

So um, if I ask for soy milk in my coffee it would be kind of nice if you could do it and not act pissy when I bring it back because normal milk makes me feel ill. I was totally nice about it and offered to pay for another drink so STFU.

Also you used out of date cream in my little sister's drink and she was gagging about it all day. Not cool. It was like...kind of yellow. With chunks. :/
That's horrible.

Which mc cafe was this ?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
meow-says-kitty said:
Stupid self serve bitch at big w Warrawong was so rude to me and my Mum and we weren't even doing anything wrong and I was being polite to her.

yeah right

HSC
yoddle said:
To the Store Manager - do not buzz the service desk to yell every time we call someone from grocery for service 20 when the trolleys are three deep at the registers. Service is number one priority and i'm sure they can be spared for five minutes. If you think otherwise, you can come down and supervise in the immediate presence of a horde of angry customers and staff and see how you like it.
To store manager:
If you complain that we take staff out of grocery for an express alert, how about you take the time to learn checkouts, and then we can call you.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
At the risk of stepping into a hornet's nest, I fail to see how an express alert is the domain of groceries/nightfill staff. When we get express alerts in nightfill we just ignore it because frankly we don't have the time to do both checkout's and our job. We have a set amount of hours, if we go over we get drilled by the duty manager. Surely those in charge of checkouts know what days/times there are peak demands and roster accordingly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)