SOR I - Section 3! YOUR THOUGHTS (1 Viewer)

Ennex

HSC
the board of studies can expect a nice legal notice in the next couple days :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Now, I cbf to read every page of the thread, but I think this is absolutely hilarious

From what I know the question as... this is a preliminary dot point (and may well have been word for word). Now BOS has the right and written in the guidelines and rules to test Preliminary work and syllabus knowledge - they just tested the preliminary dot point and expect you to combine basic Year 11 knowledge with some HSC in depth study of it as well (but not a great deal will relate :p).

It's just bad that 2009 HSC I have seen as the guinea pig year for all new tests... really, you guys have copped a lot of changes all throughout + the exams are quite different.

Bad luck on the question, but this teaches you to revise over your preliminary notes to some extent.

emmjee92

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah different/interesting question...i just answered it although it wasn't in the syllabus coz i knew everyone else was also in the same situation...
i had 55 mins to do it so i just brain dumped on abt islam and linked Muhammad's revelations with the Qur'an.

untouchablecuz

HSC
well i did judaism and this is how i did it:

intro

1st body: discussed God's love (talked about his benevolence in the old testament, creating eve from adam to enjoy the wonders of the garden of eden, giving rebecca+abraham a child, saving the israelities)

2nd body: talked about rules and laws of judiasm --> torah, talked in depth about the miztvot (613 laws of purity, sexual conduct etc)

3rd body: talked about the covanent with God as a symbol of his undieing love for humanity

4th body: talked about significant practices that are associated with Gods law --> marriage (didnt go in depth) and how its not only professes love between a husband and wife, but with God aswell and i discussed circumcision and how it is a fulfillment of the covanent

5th body: connected the rules and the love discussing how it guides the life of an adherent

conclusion

i think alrigth considering i started studying for it (from scratch) at 10am this morning; essay was abit convoluted and repetitive though

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The board may do something if basically everyone appeals, but it's in the rules they can test the preliminary syllabus in the exam :D

Bad luck (I'm kinda loling at the fact no-one knew what to write though).

lisl

HSC
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!

FAR OUT. At our school the students were refusing to do it and it dragged on to like 3 until we get to do our exams and got out at 6.30 pm

The most ridiculous thing ever. EVER.

They filled out a misadventure form for us as a group and we are going to appeal.

aha.
that is almost the best thing ive heard all day
:rofl:

santiimat

HSC
Re: The glory that was section 3.

very terrible question, i did not know they were able to test something not directly in the syllabus

tjo176

HSC
x-terc, can you go into detial about what happened?
im intriguied.
on the grounds of what are you applying misadventure for?

p.s, does anyone have multiple choice answers, i was confused with q 9 and 10 esp

raniaaa

:)
HSC
Now, I cbf to read every page of the thread, but I think this is absolutely hilarious

From what I know the question as... this is a preliminary dot point (and may well have been word for word). Now BOS has the right and written in the guidelines and rules to test Preliminary work and syllabus knowledge - they just tested the preliminary dot point and expect you to combine basic Year 11 knowledge with some HSC in depth study of it as well (but not a great deal will relate :p).

It's just bad that 2009 HSC I have seen as the guinea pig year for all new tests... really, you guys have copped a lot of changes all throughout + the exams are quite different.

Bad luck on the question, but this teaches you to revise over your preliminary notes to some extent.

yeah thanks i'll log that away somewhere for my next SOR exam =.=

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
well i did judaism and this is how i did it:

intro

1st body: discussed God's love (talked about his benevolence in the old testament, giving rebecca+abraham a child, saving the israelities)

2nd body: talked about rules and laws of judiasm --> torah, talked in depth about the miztvot (613 laws of purity, sexual conduct etc)

3rd body: talked about the covanent with God as a symbol of his undieing love for humanity

4th body: talked about significant practices that are associated with Gods law --> marriage (didnt go in depth) and how its not only professes love between a husband and wife, but with God aswell and i discussed circumcision and how it is a fulfillment of the covanent

5th body: connected the rules and the love discussing how it guides the life of an adherent

conclusion

i think alrigth considering i started studying for it (from scratch) at 10am this morning; essay was abit convoluted and repetitive though
Look, all year 11 preliminary work and knowledge - I know this stuff off the top of my head since it's pretty easy to memorise and is kinda fresh from end week before the holidays...

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah thanks i'll log that away somewhere for my next SOR exam =.=
You may want to for your other exams...

I can predict a lot of changes in examinations this year and I'm reckon there will be a few preliminary dot points shoved in ^_^ (for all subjects).

untouchablecuz

HSC
Look, all year 11 preliminary work and knowledge - I know this stuff off the top of my head since it's pretty easy to memorise and is kinda fresh from end week before the holidays...
its prelim? it was all off my head

Daniel91

HSC
the question fucked me in the ass with a fresh roll of quarters

supermiraa

HSC
i wrote on Buddhism? did anyone else?
wasnt sure what to write about
wrote about pilgrimage :S

Taylor2515

HSC
i have a friend who is high up in the BOS and they are suposevly going to get this section tested again, so lame. everyone will have to go back and do another test.

beatboxre

HSC
Fawk me dead, I saw everyone looking here and there in the exam room, was a fawkin zoo, oh my Gee wahtf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)