• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Suicide blast in Somalia kills ministers, doctors, students (2 Viewers)

anonymous.92

HSC
If that's all the general population ever hear of muslims, then that's what they'll believe. A suicide attack over hear, a hijacked plane over there... I mean, there has to be SOMETHING wrong... You don't see any buddhist, athiest, or catholic etc... bombing cities and crashing planes in the name of their faith now do you? Yes, someone did point out that pol pot's regime was "badass" but that was more political than it is religious.

I have listed in an earlier post a total of 33 of terrorist attacks (and over 17000 people killed or injured) between now and 1993 and you know what they all have in common??? I'll let you guess.

I suggest you grow up abit and not manipulate/distory certain words to suit your perspective. I have looked it up and found the following your definition as well as others of a terrorist:
- a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
- a person terrorises or frightens others
- of or pertaining to, characteristics of terrorism or terrorist.
- one that engages in acts of terrorism

Terrorism, hence, as defined by google dictionary, is "the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ...". Hmmm... I wonder if the 2 bali bombing incidents fit into this category? Or maybe the london train bombing? But, if you don't wanna call them terrorist, then I shall ask you, what do you suggest we call them then? Matyrs? Heroes? Is that what you see them as?

And again, you can't blame people for making generalisations. All muslims ever make headlines for is terrorism. What do you expect? I get that all the time too. People find out that I'm from north vietnam and they automatically call me a communist.

Dude I think that was the point.

Need I say much?

This was the reply of one individual to my post where I list out the terrorist attacks of muslim extremist. He obviously agrees with those attacks, stating that it is part of "allah's" mercy. Again, "fight" is obviously metaphorical for bomb, kill, destroy, crash plane into pentagon, rape women etc etc etc
Well you are acting like only muslims commit acts of violence. How about I give you a list of my own? Rape of choir boys by Catholic priests, the Hindu practice of Sati, Zionist Jews etc. And I'm sure if an atheist goes nuts and does something horrific, he/she isn't going to do it in the name of religion, because they technically don't have one.

So...muslims aren't the only ones who do bad things...Get that now?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
yeah but the bible doesn't tell people to rape children, they do it because they're shit people
the koran instructs, preaches, and encourages violence.

anonymous.92

HSC
yeah but the bible doesn't tell people to rape children, they do it because they're shit people
the koran instructs, preaches, and encourages violence.
The Quran doesn't preach violence. I think I've said this a billion times here, muslims were persecuted when the Quran was revealed, so God made it permissible to fight in the name of defense.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
yeah cool, i can make up excuses and shit too. but when i see a passage that reads "kill the infidels because they don't believe in Islam", then you'll forgive me for assuming that it preaches violence

anonymous.92

HSC
yeah cool, i can make up excuses and shit too. but when i see a passage that reads "kill the infidels because they don't believe in Islam", then you'll forgive me for assuming that it preaches violence
From the way you speak, I'm betting you've never read the Quran, just pulled random quotes out of context and are satisfied they preach violence. If you really want an accurate picture of what the Quran is about, I suggest you read all of it. Then tell me how violent it is.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Well you are acting like only muslims commit acts of violence. How about I give you a list of my own? Rape of choir boys by Catholic priests, the Hindu practice of Sati, Zionist Jews etc. And I'm sure if an atheist goes nuts and does something horrific, he/she isn't going to do it in the name of religion, because they technically don't have one.

So...muslims aren't the only ones who do bad things...Get that now?
Name me 10 instances of a christian suicide bomber? or an instance where a jehova's witness hijacked a plane? OR BETTER YET, give me 10 instances of a buddhist, athiest, catholic, christian etc... bombed and terrorised our world in the name of their religion?

You see, the crimes you listed are human flaws and is not religious. In regards to your "rape of choir..." thing, if that priest was raping the boys IN THE NAME OF HIS RELIGION, then that would be a different story. However, that priest is simply abusing his position of power and taking advantage of the boys. As such, that is a HUMAN FLAW. In regards to your athiest statement, if the athiest killed people who did not have the SAME BELIEFS (or disbelief, if you will) as him, then again, that would be a different story.

A rather sad attempt at undermining my posts, but admirable and valiant nonetheless.

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
wtf does your religion got to do with nobel peace prize? wtf? so if i become jew i become smarter and shit?

fucking stupid shit
As that list, other evidence, as well as history and even negative stereotypes overwhelmingly prove, yes. Not genetically, of course, it's nurture not nature. But its quite clear that the culture and society Jews are raised in causes them to be academically superior.

And note that the "peace" prize only comprises a small number of those awards ;)

anonymous.92

HSC
Name me 10 instances of a christian suicide bomber? or an instance where a jehova's witness hijacked a plane? OR BETTER YET, give me 10 instances of a buddhist, athiest, catholic, christian etc... bombed and terrorised our world in the name of their religion?

You see, the crimes you listed are human flaws and is not religious. In regards to your "rape of choir..." thing, if that priest was raping the boys IN THE NAME OF HIS RELIGION, then that would be a different story. However, that priest is simply abusing his position of power and taking advantage of the boys. As such, that is a HUMAN FLAW. In regards to your athiest statement, if the athiest killed people who did not have the SAME BELIEFS (or disbelief, if you will) as him, then again, that would be a different story.

A rather sad attempt at undermining my posts, but admirable and valiant nonetheless.
You said priests don't rape in the name of religion, but what about Hindus that practice Sati? What about Zionist Jews? <--- in the name of religion. Roman Catholicism played a huge part in the Rwandan genocide. Maybe these people didn't use planes, but I'd say these are pretty violent acts, wouldn't you say?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
You said priests don't rape in the name of religion, but what about Hindus that practice Sati? What about Zionist Jews? <--- in the name of religion. Roman Catholicism played a huge part in the Rwandan genocide. Maybe these people didn't use planes, but I'd say these are pretty violent acts, wouldn't you say?
The sati is a rare and contained occurance in our our world, and is also outlawed in modern india. And anyways, how can you possible compare the number of those who died while subjected to "sati" to those who died by islamic attacks?

The rwandan genocide was motivated by ethicity (though, I admit, religious factors played a minor role).

Please explain the zionist jew bit as I have no idea what it is about.

All in all, crimes by those of other faiths does not justify what the extremist islam did. We're talking about islam and you're trying to bring out crimes made by those of other religion in a bid to justify those acts. I mean, its like a murder being tried court saying, "oh, but my best friend got to kill someone! and that old women in the newspaper also killed someone!"

anonymous.92

HSC
The sati is a rare and contained occurance in our our world, and is also outlawed in modern india. And anyways, how can you possible compare the number of those who died while subjected to "sati" to those who died by islamic attacks?

The rwandan genocide was motivated by ethicity (though, I admit, religious factors played a minor role).

Please explain the zionist jew bit as I have no idea what it is about.

All in all, crimes by those of other faiths does not justify what the extremist islam did. We're talking about islam and you're trying to bring out crimes made by those of other religion in a bid to justify those acts. I mean, its like a murder being tried court saying, "oh, but my best friend got to kill someone! and that old women in the newspaper also killed someone!"
You misunderstood me. I'm not trying to justify what extremist muslims have done, because I think all terrorist acts are horrible and should be condemned. Its just tiring hearing people go on and on, about how just because some muslims are terrorists, it means ALL muslims are terrorists and Islam condones violence, when it most certainly does not. I can't understand how all muslims are criticised for terror attacks, when the majority of muslims have nothing to do with terrorism. I brought other religions into the fray because it seems as if a lot of you BoS people believe only muslims are behind acts of violence. Which is, objectively, false.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
You misunderstood me. I'm not trying to justify what extremist muslims have done, because I think all terrorist acts are horrible and should be condemned. Its just tiring hearing people go on and on, about how just because some muslims are terrorists, it means ALL muslims are terrorists and Islam condones violence, when it most certainly does not. I can't understand how all muslims are criticised for terror attacks, when the majority of muslims have nothing to do with terrorism. I brought other religions into the fray because it seems as if a lot of you BoS people believe only muslims are behind acts of violence. Which is, objectively, false.
I have stated this many a times before. Once again, if all muslims ever make headlines for is detonating a bomb or hijacking a plane, then you can't blame people for believing that that's what muslim is about. Also, I don't see people calling buddhist people or athiest people terrorist. Why's that?

I come from cabramatta. When people learn this, they automatically assume that I do drugs or whatever you know? Or when people learn that I'm from north vietnam, they automatically assume that I'm a communist.

anonymous.92

HSC
I have stated this many a times before. Once again, if all muslims ever make headlines for is detonating a bomb or hijacking a plane, then you can't blame people for believing that that's what muslim is about. Also, I don't see people calling buddhist people or athiest people terrorist. Why's that?

I come from cabramatta. When people learn this, they automatically assume that I do drugs or whatever you know? Or when people learn that I'm from north vietnam, they automatically assume that I'm a communist.
No, you're wrong, I can blame people for making sweeping generalisations, because many muslims are law abiding, contributing members to society. I don't see why that is so hard to believe.

And if people think that you do drugs and are a communist, does it mean you actually are one? No, it does not. I could give you a ton of examples. Not all girls like pink. Not all blondes are stupid. Some boys do cry. Hello? Since when do stereotypes ever define the majority?

Muslims are making headlines for terrorism because a lot of muslims countries are in shambles, eg, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine. All the bombings that are occuring are most likely done for political purposes. What else can you expect from war torn countries?

Sprangler

HSC
Whether or not the Quran explicitly condones violence or not is beside the point. The fact is, Muslim leaders all over the world in positions of power condone and encourage violence and terrorism against non-Muslim targets. Most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists are Muslim. As for the religious Zionist thing.. Can you give some examples of religious Zionist terrorists?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
No, you're wrong, I can blame people for making sweeping generalisations, because many muslims are law abiding, contributing members to society. I don't see why that is so hard to believe.

And if people think that you do drugs and are a communist, does it mean you actually are one? No, it does not. I could give you a ton of examples. Not all girls like pink. Not all blondes are stupid. Some boys do cry. Hello? Since when do stereotypes ever define the majority?

Muslims are making headlines for terrorism because a lot of muslims countries are in shambles, eg, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine. All the bombings that are occuring are most likely done for political purposes. What else can you expect from war torn countries?
Alright, but what if some people barely sees muslims in real life before; and the only ones they see are on t.v. blowing a up a night club, or on the newspaper blowing up a train? The first muslim they hear about detonated a bomb in bali. The second one crashed a plane into the pentagon. The third one crashed a plane into the world trade centre. The n'th one blows up a train in london. The n+1'th one suicide bombs in somalia. By induction, they would assume that all muslims they have seen are terrorist.

And in your list of countries, you forgot to include france, india, usa, russia, spain, egypt.

anonymous.92

HSC
Whether or not the Quran explicitly condones violence or not is beside the point. The fact is, Muslim leaders all over the world in positions of power condone and encourage violence and terrorism against non-Muslim targets. Most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists are Muslim. As for the religious Zionist thing.. Can you give some examples of religious Zionist terrorists?
Zionist political violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Zionism is also besides the point. Like I said before, yeah, ok, a lot of terrorists are muslim, but that's largely because their countries are in a mess. Political goals are a main cause of terrorism worldwide. When countries are effectively in a state of war, violence is inevitable.

anonymous.92

HSC
Alright, but what if some people barely sees muslims in real life before; and the only ones they see are on t.v. blowing a up a night club, or on the newspaper blowing up a train? The first muslim they hear about detonated a bomb in bali. The second one crashed a plane into the pentagon. The third one crashed a plane into the world trade centre. The n'th one blows up a train in london. The n+1'th one suicide bombs in somalia. By induction, they would assume that all muslims they have seen are terrorist.

And in your list of countries, you forgot to include france, india, usa, russia, spain, egypt.
But if people's main exposure to muslims are via the media, and all they hear are instances of terror and violence, wouldn't it be correct to assume that they would also come across the fact that Islam has over a billion followers? Does that mean they would assume each one of that billion are terrorists? If that were true, I honestly don't think anyone would be alive right now.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
But if people's main exposure to muslims are via the media, and all they hear are instances of terror and violence, wouldn't it be correct to assume that they would also come across the fact that Islam has over a billion followers? Does that mean they would assume each one of that billion are terrorists? If that were true, I honestly don't think anyone would be alive right now.
There are terrorists, and then there are terrorisit sympathisers

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
^ Bunch of useless statistics. People dying from cigarettes? Really? Yes, I'm sure that's worse then having your plane hijacked and getting a few minutes to say a goodbye message to your wife before crashing to your death in the world trade centre.

Are you trying to say that terrorism isn't a big deal at all? That we should be worrying about starving children in africa instead? Yes our world does suck and yes there are other important issues to be dealt with.

Maintaining national security is an important issue though don't you think? Protect ourselves first from further possible attacks before we help the third world nation is more important, no?

I have posted this already, and shall do so again for your benefit:
1993 - world trade centre bombing in new york; 6 killed
1993 - bombay bombing in mumbai, india; 250 killed, 700 injured
1994 - suicide bombing in buenos auresm argentia; 85 killed, excess of 300 injured.
1994 - hijacking of air france; 7 killed
1996 - khobar towers bombing; 20killed 372 injured
1998 - bombing in coimbatore, india; 46 killed 200 injured
1998- bombing of us embassy in tanzania and kenya; 225 dead, excess of 4000 injured
1999 - several bombings in russia; 300 killed
2000 - attack on uss cole in yemeni port of aden
2001 - 4 US planes hijacked and crashed into world trade centre and pentagon; 3000 killed give or take.
2001 - suicide bombing in new delhi, india
2002 - suicide bombing in israle; 30 dead, 133 injured
2002 - bombing in algeria; 49 dead, 117 injured
2002 - machine gun attack in hindu temple, india. 31 dead. 86 injured.
2002 - bombing in bali nightclub; 202 killed, 300 injured.
2003 - casablanca attack; 33 killed
2004 - multiple bombings in madrid, spain; 191 killed, 1460 injured.
2004 - beslan school hostage crisis; 344 (including 186) civilians killed
2004 - ritual murder of theo van gogh
2005 - christian community in desma, nigeria attacked; 36 killed
2005 - multiple bombings in london trains; 53 killed, 700 injured
2005 - bombings in egypt; 64 killed
2005 - bombings in india; 60 killed, 180 injured
2005 - bombings in anman, jordan; 60 killed 115 injured
2006 - bombings in india; 28killed 100 injured
2006 - bombings on trains in india; 209 killed, 700 injured
2007 - qahtaniya bombings; 800killed
2008 - bombing in india; 49 killed, 160 injured
2008 - bombing in delhi india; 32 killed
2008 - 174 killed by muslim extremist
2009 - bomber vehical detonated in iraq baghdad; 155 killed 520 injured
2009 - car bomb detonated in pakistan; 100killed 200 injured
2009 - suicide bomber in somalia.

Now imagine, if there was no muslims. I could put a nice big cross through that list can I not?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
-another nice fact...the only country in the world who ever used WMD was the US during the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagazaki (Japan)

Terrorism is a threat to the national security of the united states of america??...yeah sure.
President Truman had 2 choice: to drop the bomb and end the war straight away, or allow the war to last longer. He chose the lesser of 2 evils.

And of course terrorism is a threat to national security. Bombs were detonated in bali, london, madrid were they not? Planes were crashed into buildings no? Lives ended yes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)