Terror in London: Soldier beheaded on street (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

you're literally claiming there's nothing wrong with supporting mass murderers

jesus christ you're fucking scum, thanks for helping me prove my point
Did you even read it? 99% of people believed the bombings i.e. Mass murder was wrong. The 20% have sympathy for the feelings and motives of the bombers, that is entirely different.

Like if I was hypothetically Palestinian, would I support a terrorist killing Israelis? Probably not, mass murder is abhorrent. Would I be able to understand and sympathise with why someone might be pissed off with the Israeli state? Definitely

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Did you even read it? 99% of people believed the bombings i.e. Mass murder was wrong. The 20% have sympathy for the feelings and motives of the bombers, that is entirely different.

Like if I was hypothetically Palestinian, would I support a terrorist killing Israelis? Probably not, mass murder is abhorrent. Would I be able to understand and sympathise with why someone might be pissed off with the Israeli state? Definitely
If you read the individual studies most of these are heavily flawed in their reasoning

Deloving mentioned why the first one was invalid

Almost half the rest refer to questions that dont have anything to do with Muslims per se. The fact that Pakistanis hate Americans and Palestinians, afghanis, iraqis etc. dislike Israelis in those polls have little to do with religion and everything to do with political differences between those countries, particularly when it comes to foreign policy

Another example is the 31% of turkish supporting the bombing of westerners in iraq. Read the question and the actual study was on whether they thought it was justified.

Iraq is at war ffs, how is it unjustified for suicide bombers to fight back against foreign troops? Do I support terrorism? No. But it is entirely justified that in a war one side doesnt just sit down and cop it lol, they have every right to fight back.

luciferkiddoz

HSC
By defintion.. it is. Any person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims is a terrorist.

Garygaz

HSC

sympathising with someone who chose to kill an innocent person? yeh, that makes you a morally bankrupt pleb better suited to the earlier and more barbaric times in history. deloving said he could 'in a way' sympathise with the guys who beheaded the british soldier.

what.the.fuck

the fact that a whole bunch of people around the world feel sympathy towards a person who committed a cold-blooded murder against an innocent man in the middle of a street because some shitty book from a couple thousand years ago has some useless, out of date notions in it... sad.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
sympathising with someone who chose to kill an innocent person? yeh, that makes you a morally bankrupt pleb better suited to the earlier and more barbaric times in history. deloving said he could 'in a way' sympathise with the guys who beheaded the british soldier.

what.the.fuck

the fact that a whole bunch of people around the world feel sympathy towards a person who committed a cold-blooded murder against an innocent man in the middle of a street because some shitty book from a couple thousand years ago has some useless, out of date notions in it... sad.
it's not sympathy for the person, it's sympathy for the motives and feelings. These are independent of the actions involved. 99% disagree with the actions according to that exact same study.

Garygaz

HSC
try this line

i have sympathy for hitlers motives and feelings, but not for his actions

◕ ‿ ◕

Garygaz

HSC
the more fucked up thing is that normally humans shouldn't feel sympathy towards a hostile killing innocents, but because ISLAM, they do.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
try this line

i have sympathy for hitlers motives and feelings, but not for his actions

◕ ‿ ◕
except his motives and feelings are entirely different so it's not really a valid point

hitler wasn't motivated by any conceivable injustice against his people

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
the more fucked up thing is that normally humans shouldn't feel sympathy towards a hostile killing innocents, but because ISLAM, they do.
there is a difference between sympathising with a person and their actions and sympathising with the feelings and reasons behind it all.

If someone fucked up my country I sure as hell would be pissed off. So I can empathise and to some extent sympathise with someone in that situation. That doesn't mean that I agree with their actions, it means i can understand why they are upset.

Garygaz

HSC
there is a difference between sympathising with a person and their actions and sympathising with the feelings and reasons behind it all.

If someone fucked up my country I sure as hell would be pissed off. So I can empathise and to some extent sympathise with someone in that situation. That doesn't mean that I agree with their actions, it means i can understand why they are upset.
sympathising literally means to share feelings of/understanding the sentiments of a person. you're not sympathising if you simply think in your head 'oh, i'm sure he must of been pretty angry to do that', it's more like 'ugh those british scum, they had it coming to them for allying with america'. BIG DIFFERENCE.

and yes hitler WAS motivated by a perceived injustice against his people by the jews, it's very well documented. you can argue it doesn't make sense (like I would now for all muslims), but that's what he believed and what partly motivated him.

also i don't have any idea what you mean when you say his motives and feelings are completely different.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
except his motives and feelings are entirely different so it's not really a valid point

The german people were actually strongly motivated to war by the perceived injustice of the treaty of Versailles, which many historians perceived as a French attempt to destroy Germany, and given the complexity of responsibility for WW1, is dubiously just.

Please try to show more sympathy for Hitlers motives and feelings in the future.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
This.

Islamic culture cannot exist alongside Western (including Australian) culture.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
The german people were actually strongly motivated to war by the perceived injustice of the treaty of Versailles, which many historians perceived as a French attempt to destroy Germany, and given the complexity of responsibility for WW1, is dubiously just.

Please try to show more sympathy for Hitlers motives and feelings in the future.
fair point, my bad

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
sympathising literally means to share feelings of/understanding the sentiments of a person. you're not sympathising if you simply think in your head 'oh, i'm sure he must of been pretty angry to do that', it's more like 'ugh those british scum, they had it coming to them for allying with america'. BIG DIFFERENCE.

and yes hitler WAS motivated by a perceived injustice against his people by the jews, it's very well documented. you can argue it doesn't make sense (like I would now for all muslims), but that's what he believed and what partly motivated him.

also i don't have any idea what you mean when you say his motives and feelings are completely different.

understanding their sentiments isn't the same as supporting their actions though

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Wow, do you LITERALLY know nothing about Nazi Germany?

I mean, seriously....have you not read a single fucking chapter from a history book?

Do you think the nazis rose to power just to get the opportunity to kill people for the sheer fun of it or something?

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Wow, do you LITERALLY know nothing about Nazi Germany?

I mean, seriously....have you not read a single fucking chapter from a history book?

Do you think the nazis rose to power just to get the opportunity to kill people for the sheer fun of it or something?
Did u fail to read two posts above where I concede I was wrong about this?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I think this guy sums everything up pretty clearly. One of the first people to stop trying to bullshit his way through this topic.

Just describes it how it is

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Did u fail to read two posts above where I concede I was wrong about this?
seriously i mean i went to a shitty-ass country school where we didn't even study history and even i know this

i mean woooowwww are you serious like come on dude the library is free i mean fucking youtube has thousands of videos on this

i really dont believe it hollly shitttt what is the matter with you

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Yeah so two weeks before this stabbing an EDL member kills an old muslim

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police

Didn't exactly make the front page of international news. This is such reactionary BS because OMG MUSLIMS. OMG THOSE HETHENS CANT LIVE WITH US WESTERNERS, IT JUST WONT WORK!

Out of the one billion muslims in the world people make every muslim seem like a threat. First step in losing a counter-insurgency war is not understanding why random villagers would take up arms against you. Gee I wonder why pakistanis would want to shoot at US soldiers? Maybe has something to do with the drone policy? Why would Syrian and Iranian college students shoot at US troops? Maybe they feel like Islam is under attack by the US on the whole Global war on terror? GWOT pretty much specifically targetted random muslim groups who had nothing to do with a global jihad (Moro islamic liberation front comes to mind, southern thailand malay insurgency etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)