The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
whats the record for most 4's in an innings by a player? bloody Sehwag is on 41 .

heres a stream for anyone with a decent connection, may take a while to connect cause its packed but the stream is perfect.

http://www.desistore.5gigs.com/cricket/5.html

works in IE, dunno bout FF.

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
lara's records could both be goneski is sehwag doesnt have a brain explosion. they might be able to knock off lanka's 952 if they score at this rate all day today and tommorow.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeah sehwag went past laxman(44 in his 281 vs the aussies), lara (45 in his 375) and bradman(46 in his 334). edrich to go who is on 52.

it was so funny watching the commentators just not being able to keep up with him going past each of them. lol. and the only thing they are talking about are statistics and records :D

the outfield is electic. a dravid defensive = 4. normally, he'd get 2 for getting it in the gap. the curator must be ashamed of himself.

Jimmy_B

HSC
redruM said:
yeah sehwag went past laxman(44 in his 281 vs the aussies), lara (45 in his 375) and bradman(46 in his 334). edrich to go who is on 52.

it was so funny watching the commentators just not being able to keep up with him going past each of them. lol. and the only thing they are talking about are statistics and records :D

the outfield is electic. a dravid defensive = 4. normally, he'd get 2 for getting it in the gap. the curator must be ashamed of himself.
imran and mudassar both pretty much confirmed that bob woolmer had been on his case for a couple of weeks to produce exactly this sort of wicket. they thought that shoaib and sami with their pace and shoaibs slower ball could rattle the indians enough to take 20 wickets, they also believed rana's subtle variations could do the trick as well.

it just goes to show how poorly england played the paki bowlers in their series, apparently dravid and sehwag were picking up shoaib and rana's slower and effort balls with ease during their innings.

maybe they'll knock up a proper wicket next match to actually see who has the better cricket team.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
apparently dravid and sehwag were picking up shoaib and rana's slower and effort balls with ease during their innings.
from what i've seen i'd agree.

one thing you CANNOT forget that is that the two guys are playing really well. some of sehwag's shots are awesome. late cutting an off-spinner from about middle and leg past first slip. the man is in good touch.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
redruM said:
from what i've seen i'd agree.

one thing you CANNOT forget that is that the two guys are playing really well. some of sehwag's shots are awesome. late cutting an off-spinner from about middle and leg past first slip. the man is in good touch.
im so jealous...we were spose to get Indian satellite months ago...fuk im missing all this...

apparently the ground isnt that small...its just the outfield is real quick

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
sup kids. want to see who met ponting at a wedding?

EDIT: if it doesnt work, just click refresh. should be fine

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Born Dancer said:
sup kids. want to see who met ponting at a wedding?

nice!

edit: supra, i aint got no satellite either dude ;)

Fast_heinz

HSC
Bookie said:
funnybunny

679/7
403/0

Good batsmen, perhaps. Shit captaincy, perhaps. Crap bowlers, perhaps. Shit pitch, definitely.
1082 runs in 218 overs. 4.96 runs per over. It's a joke and it makes a mockery of statistics and averages.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hey

Now that i look even closer and seeing the result is still 403/0, you're probably right that the pitch is shit an not up to international standards, anyways i wish i could see it on tv (40+ 4s by sehwag) very entertaining

Yeah that crap about Gilchrist and Symonds disputing with Aleeem Dahl...stupid gits...they're meant to ask th e umpire before the replay not after it..it's pretty stupid how the commentators said the umpire should have (healy) called the 3rd umpire..seriosuly no umpire would have relli called for the 3rd umpire besides the game agianst aust.vs srilanka...it was obviously (the runout) was out for martyn but not given....I reckon aust players should shut up and not act as if they own the umpires...mistakes are part of the game

just my 2cents

Last edited:

nit

HSC
I watched the whole thing today on zee tv's vision asia sat coverage. As supra said, the outfield is hard as and lightning fast, so theres great value for shots. In terms of the bowling itself, sami was his usual erratic self and consequently got hit all over the place, rana naved wasnt getting his usual swing. Spinners were operating most of the day due to the poor light conditions. Sehwag usually took to shoaib malik, danish kaneria and shahid afridi on the first ball of their spells and thereafter, not allowing them to settle. The one thing they did that shut both batsmen up was come round the wicket - it was much harder to get them away....but for the leggies, sehwag pretty much waited for the googly to slap it over the leg side or down the ground...anything else he cut or drove. But yeh, a dead pitch, a dead game, but as an indian supporter its refreshing to see an indian runfest for once.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I've been watching the game on the stream i posted. Theres a bit of biff going on between Sami and Sehwag. Sami aint too happy with Sehwag belting the shit out of all the bowlers lol.

nit

HSC
yeh they had a tense exchange for a little while there, hand gestures and all....the commentators (dean jones and waqar) were enjoying that - it was a sign of life in a dead game - jonesy said something like "nice to see a bit of aggression...this is an india vs pakistan series after all"

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
nit said:
yeh they had a tense exchange for a little while there, hand gestures and all....the commentators (dean jones and waqar) were enjoying that - it was a sign of life in a dead game - jonesy said something like "nice to see a bit of aggression...this is an india vs pakistan series after all"
to me it looked like,

sami: that was a good ball aye, you got no clue.
sehwag: wtf?!?! *points to his run-up* go back and ball.

lol

King2

HSC
redruM said:
to me it looked like,

sami: that was a good ball aye, you got no clue.
sehwag: wtf?!?! *points to his run-up* go back and ball.

lol
AHAHAHAHAHAHA....i fell off my chair laughing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)