• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I think there is a slight discrimination against males becoming service supervisors and generally being good in the customer service arena.
Yeah that's possibly the only thing that really annoys me about my workplace

brookie94

HSC
What happens between the Service Desk and I in our own time is our business.
weeeelll, i'll be thinking twice before i touch a service desk from now on, especially at your store. haha
do you know what a 14/15 year old get paid on and off probation anyone?

someguyudunno

HSC
N/A
Hey all

Just a quick question in relation to the new Total Image green shirts.

I think i am going to go with the spotted one, the male plain one just looks wierd and ugly.

If i am currently a small in the Spotless ones, which size would be reccomended with teh total image ones, its hard to compare because they are measured differently :|

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Hey all

Just a quick question in relation to the new Total Image green shirts.

I think i am going to go with the spotted one, the male plain one just looks wierd and ugly.

If i am currently a small in the Spotless ones, which size would be reccomended with teh total image ones, its hard to compare because they are measured differently :|
i got the spotted one too :S dunno if that is a wise choice though, i hope so
i ordered it on the 3rd november but it still hasnt been shipped. total image said it would be anytime after 11th november so i hope it will be here soonish.

the measurements are different because the total image measurements are the shirt size not body size like spotless. they work out pretty much the same size, i got the same size as my spotless one.

brookie94

HSC
what sort of shoes would i need? do i need a certain type if i'm working in the deli?
where is the best place to purchase them?
oh and do we get given black pants or do we just buy any?

Steppenwolf

HSC
No, just normal black enclosed shoes - nothing fancy.
You'l need to buy pants, too.

Good thing is, you can get them taxed each financial year.
So technically, you'll get the money back.

HSC
what sort of shoes would i need? do i need a certain type if i'm working in the deli?
where is the best place to purchase them?
oh and do we get given black pants or do we just buy any?
Just wear your school shoes. Unless there not those ballet flats. I used to wear school shoes then changed to a pair of black flats they were nice when i got them now they have fallen apart from doing deli to perishables to checkouts, while now i have a good solid pair of hush puppys i wear for work!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Pffffft was just watching Masterchef Australia and the damn contestants went shopping in Coles! Which when thinking about it is very weird because Woolworths actually sponsors it over here lol

Craven

HSC
haha, yeah the judge the restaurant chef guy is doing ads for coles at the moment going on about their fresh produce.. i'm thinking, there's no way he uses their produce in his restaurant - he would get everything from the markets.

beefnoodle

HSC
It had been 1 week already so I decided to call the manager. He told me he is putting on 1 person and might put another at the end of the week. So does this mean I got rejected? I applied for Nightfill btw.

brookie94

HSC
so if i wore redback boots would that be ok? or would i look stupid?
would i be able to wear a pair of flats that arent really flats the come up on the top a fair way and they are fairly rigid
kind of like these but better on the front (more solid)

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
so if i wore redback boots would that be ok? or would i look stupid?
would i be able to wear a pair of flats that arent really flats the come up on the top a fair way and they are fairly rigid
kind of like these but better on the front (more solid)
Yeah I wear Redback boots but only because of the intensity of the department (Produce) and the high sides really help pad your ankles if you hit the side of a flat deck. However if I was in service then I would wear formal lace shoes.

brookie94

HSC
Yeah I wear Redback boots but only because of the intensity of the department (Produce) and the high sides really help pad your ankles if you hit the side of a flat deck. However if I was in service then I would wear formal lace shoes.
yeh well i will be on cashier and in deli occasionally, might get a pair of colarados just to wear incase, can always claim on tax

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
How amazing would it be if there was a phone on each checkout (each 2). You could page, call service desk directly, call other dept.'s directly and all, would make like SO much easier especially in large stores!

Last edited:

someguyudunno

HSC
N/A
Yeah i Know, Ive been thinking of that for ages. Would save so much effort than running for bells which need department PA calls. Even if there was a shared portable between registers if they dont wana install the landlines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)