The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

E

Effekt

So, i haven't posted on this thread (or forum) in AGES. I shall now write a post/rage of what's happening.

I am now at the new store which opened abit over 2 weeks ago now, all the employees are mainly new people or just people from Franklins, the manager of this store used to work at Franklins so naturally he is taking everyone from Franklins to work at the new Woolworths, that's equity right there.. don't you think?
Noone seems to have much clue about what they're doing, there was too much time spent into making the store all nice and pretty but they failed to notice out the back is as crammed as a can of fish. I asked for a job in the Office but apparently i was rejected because i might not be there all next year and they would rather take new people over me who has been there for a good solid 3 years. I've been working almost everyday kinda sick of it /rage.

To the post above, hand in a paper application form and with abit of luck the manager will call you for an interview, but you should know how the workfoce is.. they will call someone they know before a total stranger. Best bet is to know someone there who can vow for you.

nanakid12

HSC
What is everyones store refund policy?
Our store is extremely simple.

All refunds go under "Return Item" even if it's damaged (management request), or "Scanning Policy" for those scanning policy items.
Any semi-high amount (approx $10 or more) without a receipt we generally only offer a store credit or exchange.

We don't bother with no receipt procedures or anything, it all just goes through "return item" regardless. We would be lucky if even half of the refund customers had receipts with them.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait for the POS to start printing the recharge voucher attached to the receipt, the amount of times I forget about the voucher and say "Here is your recept, cya later" as the voucher is printing, is a lot lol. Even if they printed before the receipt, that would solve this issue.
So you mean you don't even give customers a refund card if they don't have a receipt? We follow the under-$15-then-its-refunded rule, and over, then its put on a refund card.

We dump all our damaged returns under Damaged Item, except for electronic products which get inspected and written off. But I wouldn't put any produce, deli stuff, perishables, meat, etc that could go off back on the shelf EVER, unless the customer hasn't left the store. The store manager wants the quality assurance image reflected in our shit.

Oh, and in our groceries. :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
So you mean you don't even give customers a refund card if they don't have a receipt? We follow the under-$15-then-its-refunded rule, and over, then its put on a refund card.

We dump all our damaged returns under Damaged Item, except for electronic products which get inspected and written off. But I wouldn't put any produce, deli stuff, perishables, meat, etc that could go off back on the shelf EVER, unless the customer hasn't left the store. The store manager wants the quality assurance image reflected in our shit.

Oh, and in our groceries. :p
Yeah after about $10/$15 it goes on a returns card or exchange only.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Just call up and ask? Simple.
I did, and he stated that positions are full during Christmas, however I may receive a call in the future (technically, I'm still not rejected). Disappointed on Woolworths human resources department for not sending me any confirmation within the week as promised.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
however I may receive a call in the future (technically, I'm still not rejected). Disappointed on Woolworths human resources department for not sending me any confirmation within the week as promised.
Ahh I would probably take that as a rejection. They were probably just trying to word it nicely. Also, it's not just Woolworths that does it, you'd be lucky to hear from any organisation if unsuccessful.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh I would probably take that as a rejection. They were probably just trying to word it nicely. Also, it's not just Woolworths that does it, you'd be lucky to hear from any organisation if unsuccessful.
Yeah, it's always an appreciative thing to hear back from them though. All they have to do is copy/paste some generic thing they have and change the names.

Ghostofchris

HSC
Hi,

I work 38hrs doing replenishment doing 15-23 and 15-24 shifts and I'm in charge during those shifts but not a manager (like a 3IC), should I be getting paid higher for doing this role?

spilla2003

HSC
Hi,

I work 38hrs doing replenishment doing 15-23 and 15-24 shifts and I'm in charge during those shifts but not a manager (like a 3IC), should I be getting paid higher for doing this role?
If you're supervising, you should be getting an allowance. How much you get I think depends on how many people you're supervising.

britto89

HSC
Hi,

I know NSW pays a higher rate to the "Nightfill Shift Captain". It is the same amount as a service supervisor.

A nice way to think of it is:

Grade 2 = General Staff
Grade 3 = Supervises Grade 2 Staff
Grade 4 = Supervises Grade 3 Staff

Clank_

HSC
Anyone else recieve an email like this:

Good Afternoon Chris,

We are currently updating our records and need to request a copy of your personal identification for our employee records. Whilst we have a copy of your birth certificate on file, we also require you to please fax through a copy of your Photo ID
or a copy of your Passport to the following fax number as soon as possible;

Attention - Sarah El Cheikh - 97588048.

It is very important that we have a copy of the above information for your records so would appreciate your assistance with this.

Kind Regards,
Sarah El Cheikh
9642 9395

Chaapman

HSC
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/med...coles-trade-mark/story-e6frg996-1226220938883

WOOLWORTHS was forced to trash a supermarket advertising campaign after arch rival Coles showed it owned the trade mark on the campaign slogan.

Woolies, which is trying to regain momentum lost to Coles, replaced its old "knock down" prices campaign featuring boxing gloves with one based around scissors cutting through a dollar sign.

When Coles saw the campaign it threatened legal action unless Woolies withdrew its campaign. The threat came by way of a letter from Coles lawyers Freehills.

bouncingCats

HSC
Anyone else recieve an email like this:

Good Afternoon Chris,

We are currently updating our records and need to request a copy of your personal identification for our employee records. Whilst we have a copy of your birth certificate on file, we also require you to please fax through a copy of your Photo ID
or a copy of your Passport to the following fax number as soon as possible;

Attention - Sarah El Cheikh - 97588048.

It is very important that we have a copy of the above information for your records so would appreciate your assistance with this.

Kind Regards,
Sarah El Cheikh
9642 9395
Sarah happens to be one of the Resourcing Officers (HRO) for Region 7 and is based in the HR Support Office. Personally, I've never been asked to send personal details to HR. I've only been asked for this information at store level, to give a copy of my passport and a visa check form to the SSO (to check working rights/visa conditions). They might have forwarded this to HR but since the restructure I wouldn't know what happens with these now. Ask your Store Manager/SSO to check it out for you.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Some guy threatened my life tonight at work :(
He passed a full green bag of stolen shit over the glass window to his mate, I said the police would be notified and he goes "yeah then I'll cut your head off".

Lolk

nanakid12

HSC
Nice guy... that pan out? :S

also, soz about facebook but nah, im a bit overprotective about my information to people i don't know

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Also, is any one else's online rosters not populating on AllYours?
Next week's rosters aren't up yet! (the most important week of the year!!)
Yes! Next weeks and the week after is completely blank. Only this weeks is there.

Also, online rosters are so fucking dodgy, I don't think I can use them any more. It says that I'm rostered on yet there is NO record of me in People Planner or on the grids for the day.
This happened last Monday and also just this past Tuesday. Luckily other departments needed help so I didn't have to go home empty handed.

Very frustrating.

BSammy

HSC
That happened to mine too.

Perhaps they want everyone to actually check in store to make sure they get the right hours. Due to it being 'the most important week of the year'.
Other than that it's been accurate for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)