who believes religion is out dated (1 Viewer)

kathrynp23

HSC
:angel:

religion as its an institution, is not a huge part of my life.

spirituality IS.

i believe in God. i believe i AM God! And so is every single one of you reading this.

anyway, i love God; meaning i love myself and all people...

believing and loving God does not mean believing and loving a separate entity.

We're all one, and we always have been.

:p

boris

Banned
HSC
That was this stupid <------------------------------------------------------------------>

zietanus

Banned
HSC
N/A
who believes religion is out dated
Hmmmmmm but last time I checked most people were still in some religion...... just maybe not you and the people on TV, so why think it is so much outdated???

Look at the chart:
http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif

It says even half of the people in "nonreligious" section are still Theistic (believe in God or gods).

Last edited:

nikolas

HSC
Bainesy said:
with fucking stupid pieces of shit like astrology, occultism, psychics, homeopathy, conspiracy theories, and Christianity. we all know theses subject are all bullshit, but without religion, they would be much more prevalent in society.
Fixt

Last edited:

nikolas

HSC
boris said:
That was this stupid <------------------------------------------------------------------>
<------------------------------------------------------------------>---->

And rising.

HSC
N/A
zietanus said:
Hmmmmmm but last time I checked most people were still in some religion...... just maybe not you and the people on TV, so why think it is so much outdated???

Look at the chart:
http://www.adherents.com/images/rel_pie.gif

It says even half of the people in "nonreligious" section are still Theistic (believe in God or gods).
but the difference is that most theists have developed a theory of their own which mirrors their personal basis on spirituality.
it might not be outdated, but as the years go on and new generations develop, hopefully it will reach a decline (as seen by recent statistics).

zietanus

Banned
HSC
N/A
Laveyan satanism is the only way to go to be honest.
To be honest the rule of LaVeyan Satanism ("The Church of SATAN") is: "there is no God, there is no Devil, there is just you and what you want"..... It's not even a religion just a bunch of halloween costume drug parties, but I guess thats what the devil wants: just mayhem and people being more stupid then stupid......

Oh and your sig says White Pride, that is cool.... what is that?? Do you hate black people or something?? But black people are cool they invented RAP that is cool, what is more cool then singing with a voice like you are 100% cool times a MILLION?????

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
zietanus said:
To be honest the rule of LaVeyan Satanism is: "there is no God, there is no Devil, there is just you and what you want"..... It's not even a religion just a bunch of halloween costume drug parties, but I guess thats what the devil wants: just mayhem and people being more stupid then stupid......

Oh and your sig says White Pride, that is cool.... what is that?? Do you hate black people or something?? But black people are cool they invented RAP that is cool, what is more cool then singing with a voice like you are 100% cool times a MILLION?????
what the fuck are you on about? i did not understand a word you just wrote.

nikolas

HSC
zietanus said:
To be honest the rule of LaVeyan Satanism is: "there is no God, there is no Devil, there is just you and what you want"..... It's not even a religion just a bunch of halloween costume drug parties, but I guess thats what the devil wants: just mayhem and people being more stupid then stupid......

/facepalm

Bainesy

HSC
black people are cool because they invented rap?

lulz. that has to be racist

(and btw rap sucks. have you ever seen a painting in in a shop or a museum and its just a bunch of lines or shapes that look stupid? well rap music is like that, just for the music industry)

be.yourself

HSC
i agree with the OP's clever statements that really made me realise how out-dated and irrelevant religion is to modern-day society.

I believe in a god, but not one who is any higher than us. a god who is truly loving and not needy of anything to us, in order for us to be 'good' enough to go to heaven. i believe we can create our own heaven or hell in this life.
i also believe in reincarnation.
anyways, agree or disagree with me, we all besides are entitiled to our own perspectives.
hey, you reckon i should start a thread about what we all reckon we were in our previous lives?

XPac2

HSC
Well i personally take the phrase "Religion is outdated" to a literal context. For instance, i wouldnt mind reading about a God with a shotgun, or Ghandi with a Katana.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Shakespeare's works are some 400 years old. Have they too lost all relevance to humanity?
Completely different.

Shakespeare's works are stories.

The bible etc and guides to living, and were written in a time when the avergae lifestyle was infinitely different to that of today.

ZaraKu

HSC
religion isn't outdated if you're in America where their whole sex education system is based on the whole "PRE-MARITAL SEX IS BAD, ABSTINENCE IS THE ONLY WAY" theory, alot of the kids there don't know about things like proper condom use and the different STIs because of the backwards system they have there.

And astrology, occultism and psychics aren't bogas shit, they all have some relevance to one religion or another, mainly Wiccanism (Now I'll prepare for all the hardcore christians to have their whole "Wicca is evil and part of Satanism" rant)

HSC
Not sure about America like that. Even stop watching movies which things isn't true!

MediterraneanM

HSC
N/A
lucy-bubs said:
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE- SIN
CONTRACEPTION- SIN
ABORTION- SIN
How is all of the above relevant for people in today's society?​
No sex before marriage: at least equals less teen pregnancies

Contraception as a sin: not sure whether that is stipulated as being the case in all religions. Maybe so in Christianity, but not all religions.

Abortion: same as above. Not stipulated clearly in all religions.

Religion, per se, is not irrelevant in today's society, the "interpretations" quite possibly are.

But without any form of religion in any society, the 'base' ethical and moral structure with not be very strong. ESPECIALLY in today's largely IMMORAL society.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Umm the thing is people still hax sex before marriage, because sex is awesome, and then when they are unwilling to use contraception or in the worst case scenario have an abortion, you end up with 17 year old mothers.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
MediterraneanM said:
No sex before marriage: at least equals less teen pregnancies
And yet the Deep South in the U.S. has some of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in the industrialised world. Coincidentally, the same region is also described as "the Bible Belt" of America because of the strong faith of all the people there.
So much for that idea

But without any form of religion in any society, the 'base' ethical and moral structure with not be very strong. ESPECIALLY in today's largely IMMORAL society.

What exactly makes you think that you're standing upon the moral high ground? Religion is not moral. It's not even amoral. It's just plain immoral.
Where's the morality in the Vatican's decision to preach that condom use is a sin in the AIDS ravaged continent of Africa?
Where's the morality in the Ayatollah of Iran issuing a fatwa upon Salman Rushdie's head for his publication of an anti-Islamic novel?
Where's the morality in the bombing of abortion centres and lynch gang attacks on gays for having an opposing view to their own?
Where's the morality in the millions of men, women and children who have died or been killed as a result of conflict over religion and which is the best?
Morality? What morality?
My question to you: How many people have died or been killed in the name of atheism and humanism?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)