who thinks they have stuffed up??? (1 Viewer)

kim_

I dont really understand how the whole hsc alignment thing works, I heard its something like if you go crap at school but do really well in the catual hsc then your school marks get aligned higher by uai...is this true? if so how high do you have yo get to make it aligned to about 90

tennille

HSC
fairydust said:
I dont really understand how the whole hsc alignment thing works, I heard its something like if you go crap at school but do really well in the catual hsc then your school marks get aligned higher by uai...is this true? if so how high do you have yo get to make it aligned to about 90
I don't think many people do. Not many past HSC students know let alone any 05ers. But I have no idea. I've heard so many things that seem so ridiculous.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i've totally stuffed up in english and economics. English 1/2 yarly was 57%, and Economics was 55%. In my assessments for english I have been getting 70's (I got an 80 for the last one). For eco I have been gettin 80-90.

And I have my trial in 2 weeks

I wanted to get a uai of 90+ = I realise thats impossible now

tennille

HSC
elissa said:
i've totally stuffed up in english and economics. English 1/2 yarly was 57%, and Economics was 55%. In my assessments for english I have been getting 70's (I got an 80 for the last one). For eco I have been gettin 80-90.

And I have my trial in 2 weeks

I wanted to get a uai of 90+ = I realise thats impossible now
I doubt it's impossible. How many units do you do? Even if you have 10 you can still get above 90. You just need to go well in the rest of your assessments/exams.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
I think i've stuffed up. I really want a UAI of 87 cause that what i need to get into the course i want. But my assessment mark is only averaging mid 70s. I've got trials next week and im so stressed and thinking im gonna stuff it yet again.

tennille

HSC
green_fairy said:
I think i've stuffed up. I really want a UAI of 87 cause that what i need to get into the course i want. But my assessment mark is only averaging mid 70s. I've got trials next week and im so stressed and thinking im gonna stuff it yet again.
Is that what you're averaging in every subject? It depends on what subjects you do. I'm sure you're still capable of getting 87. :)

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Tennille said:
Is that what you're averaging in every subject? It depends on what subjects you do. I'm sure you're still capable of getting 87. :)
Nah not in every subject. But when i total all my averages together i get mid 70s.

tennille

HSC
green_fairy said:
Nah not in every subject. But when i total all my averages together i get mid 70s.
Why are you totalling your averages? Are you trying to estimate your UAI? Your UAI is a rank, not a mark. For my HSC, most of my marks were in the mid-80s (2 were in the low 90s), and I managed to get 95.30 for my UAI. You could get in the 50s for all your subjects, but if your beating most of the state, you'll get in the 90s for you UAI, because you're beating most people (just a hypothetical situation). :)

You should use SAM 2004. That gives you a rough estimate of your UAI.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Tennille said:
Why are you totalling your averages? Are you trying to estimate your UAI? Your UAI is a rank, not a mark.
Yeah i know i was just in a pissed off depressed " im going to get a shit mark" mood.

Tennille said:
For my HSC, most of my marks were in the mid-80s (2 were in the low 90s), and I managed to get 95.30 for my UAI. You could get in the 50s for all your subjects, but if your beating most of the state, you'll get in the 90s for you UAI, because you're beating most people (just a hypothetical situation). :).
So i guess theres no point getting discouraged and just try my best in the actual hsc? Also do trials count anymore than a normal assessment?

IceBreaker

HSC
fairydust said:
I think that i have stuffed up my hsc coz i didnt pay attention in the first one and a half terms and i got like 70s and 80s but now im trying to make up for it and im getting 90s but i still wont get what i want.
yes, i stuffed up....

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Tennille said:
I doubt it's impossible. How many units do you do? Even if you have 10 you can still get above 90. You just need to go well in the rest of your assessments/exams.
i don't have any more assessments - except the trial, and then the HSC

i aint happy that my legal teacher told us all to apply to UNE for early entry - see http://spaces.msn.com/members/elissamyspace/ for more explanation

tennille

HSC
elissa said:

i don't have any more assessments - except the trial, and then the HSC

i aint happy that my legal teacher told us all to apply to UNE for early entry - see http://spaces.msn.com/members/elissamyspace/ for more explanation
Don't say you're too stupid to get 92. No one is. Secondly, you can kind of "lie" in your scholarship application form. Not exactly lie, but kind of twist what you're saying. Say you're a 40 hour famine volunteer (you can still register for that online now because it's next week), you constantly donate to the Salvation army, you have a job, etc.

Think positive...convince yourself you'll do well. See the stickied HSC tips thread in this forum. :)

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah actually I remember doing accelerated maths 2unit last year. I was doing pretty badly in my assessments and in general I just sucked at maths. I was ranking 27/86 (because I got included with year 12, along with the rest of my accelerated class), and I could've sworn that I couldn't have scored more than 70% in the exam, but when I got my results back I ended up with 82 for assessment mark and 82 for exam mark. Not bad really, considering how bad I was at maths last year, and also the year 12 cohort last year at my school was relatively bad compared to the yeargroup I'm in. So just hope that your assessment mark goes up like it did for me with my relatively bad performance last year :) (oh yeah and btw, I'm doing 2unit maths again this year because I know I'll be able to kill it)

sugar_plum

HSC
dun woz everyone thinks theyre screwed
we all do
but then the stupid cows who cry when they leave the classroom cause they think they did shit
get 95%
stupid cows

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
ext1 maths! grr..

i'm suppose to be killing it! here are my percentiles so far
assessment #1 - 65%
assessment #2 - 82%
assessment #3 - 80%
averaging about 75%

first one was a massive bomb out. by the end of the second one i was ranked 16th out of like 65-ish. in the third assessment i came 3rd overall, with that i pumped up my rank to 10th. not great i dont think. each was worth 20% and the trials are gonna be worth 40%. apparently it's really close for the top 5, so if i do realli good i can either be 6ish or i could jump them all, which is highly unlikely. i am pretty prepared for the trials and if they all bomb out ^^. it was suppose to be my best subject to pull up the rest of my subjects. the best average i can get is 85%, thats if i get 100%.

IM SCREWED!!

tennille

HSC
crazy_viet said:
ext1 maths! grr..

i'm suppose to be killing it! here are my percentiles so far
assessment #1 - 65%
assessment #2 - 82%
assessment #3 - 80%
averaging about 75%

first one was a massive bomb out. by the end of the second one i was ranked 16th out of like 65-ish. in the third assessment i came 3rd overall, with that i pumped up my rank to 10th. not great i dont think. each was worth 20% and the trials are gonna be worth 40%. apparently it's really close for the top 5, so if i do realli good i can either be 6ish or i could jump them all, which is highly unlikely. i am pretty prepared for the trials and if they all bomb out ^^. it was suppose to be my best subject to pull up the rest of my subjects. the best average i can get is 85%, thats if i get 100%.

IM SCREWED!!
I averaged in the 60s (and one exam in the 50s) in Maths ext. 1 and I maanged to get 42/50 for my HSC. So with those marks, you'll probably get close to 45 as long as you continue to do that well. :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
In addition...they're internal assessments. I think the best "gauge" of your performance at this point in time will be your mark in the trials...that's if you do the CSSA or Independent paper in which case you can compare your own mark to others on BoS. But other than that, remember that internal assessments vary in difficulty and the HSC exam may well be easier.

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
Tennille said:
I averaged in the 60s (and one exam in the 50s) in Maths ext. 1 and I maanged to get 42/50 for my HSC. So with those marks, you'll probably get close to 45 as long as you continue to do that well. :)

45!?!?! aiya... thats not great...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)