who thinks they have stuffed up??? (1 Viewer)

FinalFantasy

HSC
fairydust said:
do ranks really make a really big difference and how much do school ranks affect your mark?
lol ranks are everything in school
if u get 10% for a subject in school and ur rank 1
and in the HSC exam you get 99% after alignment, then you're total mark would be 99% for that subject

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
lol ranks are everything in school
if u get 10% for a subject in school and ur rank 1
and in the HSC exam you get 99% after alignment, then you're total mark would be 99% for that subject
Although that's probably unlikely to happen unless you're the sole guy in the class...if only that were the case in English :D

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
velox said:
Dont you hate guys who cheat in internal assesments and then get ranked 1st, so they can do F.A in the hsc and still ace it.
Yeah, you can bullshit that you are sick and unable to take the HSC and then they use ur school marks as your final hsc marks. I know sum1 who got 98 who is a complete dipshit at maths.

FinalFantasy

HSC
§eraphim said:
Yeah, you can bullshit that you are sick and unable to take the HSC and then they use ur school marks as your final hsc marks. I know sum1 who got 98 who is a complete dipshit at maths.
wow u serious?
i thought they just don't get the hsc if dey dun turn up to the real exam

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
velox said:
Dont you hate guys who cheat in internal assesments and then get ranked 1st, so they can do F.A in the hsc and still ace it.
Afaik, people at my school don't cheat although that doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't happen. Are there situations at your school where this has happened?

FinalFantasy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Although that's probably unlikely to happen unless you're the sole guy in the class...if only that were the case in English :D
yea, well the "10%" just an example to show all these ppl who seem to only consider their raw school marks lol

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
§eraphim said:
Well, the HSC isn't exactly foolproof and cheaters lower the integrity of the exams. Nevertheless, I don't think they'd get away with it (or at least not as easily) at uni.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Just get ur Chinese doctor/family friend to write you a MC where you suddenly contract the Bubonic Plague or some shit like that.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
yea, well the "10%" just an example to show all these ppl who seem to only consider their raw school marks lol
I wonder if there's anybody at our school actually on 10% for any of their subjects (except for you in SOR :D). Imo it's harder to get 10 in the HSC than it is to get 60 (aligned).

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
§eraphim said:
Just get ur Chinese doctor/family friend to write you a MC where you suddenly contract the Bubonic Plague or some shit like that.
I hope you're not stereotyping Chinese students...

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Well, the HSC isn't exactly foolproof and cheaters lower the integrity of the exams. Nevertheless, I don't think they'd get away with it (or at least not as easily) at uni.
In uni, if you don't sit the exam you can sit a supp exam but only achieve a Pass (50) at best. So don't get sick on the Final or your academic transcript is screwed.

FinalFantasy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I wonder if there's anybody at our school actually on 10% for any of their subjects (except for you in SOR :D). Imo it's harder to get 10 in the HSC than it is to get 60 (aligned).
hahaha
shhh! dun reveal my SOR marks!!:p

Edit: I wonder if i can get a 60 in SOR at the end..

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
*raises hand* I have screwed up really bad ... I turned 18 this year and found the social life of Clubbing and alcohol

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
§eraphim said:
In uni, if you don't sit the exam you can sit a supp exam but only achieve a Pass (50) at best. So don't get sick on the Final or your academic transcript is screwed.
I think that's taking it to the other extreme...if you have the flu/chickenpox etc. then it's entirely out of control and that shouldn't decide your final mark, particularly since final exams are worth 40-60% a lot of the time...is there a note on your Transcript that states that you were absent?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
hahaha
shhh! dun reveal my SOR marks!!:p

Edit: I wonder if i can get a 60 in SOR at the end..
Well, you probably only need to get around 18/50 raw to get 30/50 so I don't see why not, given that you could probably get about 4/10 in the MC just from pure commonsense and maybe a few marks elsewhere :p

FinalFantasy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Well, you probably only need to get around 18/50 raw to get 30/50 so I don't see why not, given that you could probably get about 4/10 in the MC just from pure commonsense and maybe a few marks elsewhere :p
wow, 18 will get a 30?
hahaha
is there those matching words like we have in half yearly in the HSC exam?
i can probably get a few marks from there lol

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
velox said:
Yes, but if they do sweet fuck all in the actual exams, they will not ace it, they will simply pass adequately.

It is the average of internal and external marks, so if the person who comes first gets 90, but the person who cheated to come first internally gets, say, 50, they will only end up with 80. Which, admittedly still isn't a bad mark.

sly fly

HSC
I wouldn't say I've stuffed up. However, I definitely haven't reached my full potential - but then again, I dont think many people have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)