who thinks they have stuffed up??? (1 Viewer)

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
I have got
English Adv. 83% (27/116)
Eng Ext 1 43/50 86% (15/61)
Eng Ext 2 44/50 88% (10/18)
Business Studies 71% (11/34)
Maths 46% (59/73)
Visual Arts 98% (2/18)

Predicted UAI around 90 from principal, said it was more than likely an underestimate! YAY.
Example
Person 1 (2004) estimate 60, actual 86
Person 2 (2004) estimate 85, actual 92

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I hope you're not stereotyping Chinese students...
reminds me of one chinese guy at my school, rich as hell, and pretty smart, who is applying for access when he bloody well knows he has no legit reason. He's going to get a family friend jp to sign all his stuff saying he had been beaten up by his parents through yr11/12 and has medical problems etc. I really hope he doesn't get it over people who really deserve it.

And the fucking counsellour thought i was making my reasons up.

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
However, those marks do kinda seem good. But I feel really crappy, like I have no bloody chance at getting the high 95/96 i need.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Lowered course UAI, plus maybe some money on the side. Depends on the uni, I think. I don't take much notice of it.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
ha, i've passed my yr 11 exams etc and i failed most of my half yearlies this yr and i'm getting high marks for my assessments, i learn from my mistakes of studying too late and doing my exams while i was sick lol

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
velox said:
reminds me of one chinese guy at my school, rich as hell, and pretty smart, who is applying for access when he bloody well knows he has no legit reason. He's going to get a family friend jp to sign all his stuff saying he had been beaten up by his parents through yr11/12 and has medical problems etc. I really hope he doesn't get it over people who really deserve it.

And the fucking counsellour thought i was making my reasons up.
It is a pity that some students cheat their way through. Although it may seem odd (being Asian myself), I particularly resent Asian students who come to Australia and cheat. Why? Most notably because they develop a poor reputation for the Asian community and harm my own reputation despite the fact that I work hard and don't cheat...it annoys me greatly.

kim_

~ ReNcH ~ said:
It is a pity that some students cheat their way through. Although it may seem odd (being Asian myself), I particularly resent Asian students who come to Australia and cheat. Why? Most notably because they develop a poor reputation for the Asian community and harm my own reputation despite the fact that I work hard and don't cheat...it annoys me greatly.
you know what if they cheat it will be on their consience not yours, yours will be clear and they will know that they dont deserve the mark that they acheive through cheating, I know people in my school that cheat and dont manage to get any where near the top ten...seems to me like your pretty smart anyway so they might not even get a better mark than you .:)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
fairydust said:
you know what if they cheat it will be on their consience not yours, yours will be clear and they will know that they dont deserve the mark that they acheive through cheating, I know people in my school that cheat and dont manage to get any where near the top ten...seems to me like your pretty smart anyway so they might not even get a better mark than you .:)
lol...no, I'm not that smart. Ambitious, maybe. Smart, probably not :p
I guess it would ride on their conscience if they cheated, but then again some people may be so intent on getting what they want that they don't feel guilty at all.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
There is this girl i know, who doesnt go to my school, but is claiming special provisions because she had an operation over a year ago on her legs. She is completely able to walk and is first in her form in several of her subjects. she also managed over 7 pages of good quality essay in 50 minutes for an assessment. In short, she is completely capable (and doing quite well) but is still recieving extra time in the HSC and 4 extra UAI points because she apparantly couldnt get to class in term 3 yr 11 (not that she wasnt given extra attention and help by teachers)

Thus i agree, i hate when people get special help when they dont really need it/deserve it

kim_

I always seem to stuff the assessment tasks that are weighed the most, lyk 4 legal it was 40% and i stuffed that up, bio 25% stuffed that up... the things that are weighed the least are the things that i go well at, it just pisses me off, like one task worth 25% can stuff up your rank and your marks altogether

Leah.Midd

HSC
The_highwayman said:
There is this girl i know, who doesnt go to my school, but is claiming special provisions because she had an operation over a year ago on her legs. She is completely able to walk and is first in her form in several of her subjects. she also managed over 7 pages of good quality essay in 50 minutes for an assessment. In short, she is completely capable (and doing quite well) but is still recieving extra time in the HSC and 4 extra UAI points because she apparantly couldnt get to class in term 3 yr 11 (not that she wasnt given extra attention and help by teachers)

Thus i agree, i hate when people get special help when they dont really need it/deserve it
lol i no who ur talking about!!! but u serious she getting extra UAI points????thats ridiculous! ey do we get any for all the construction work going on????

Leah.Midd

HSC
ok so wot if ive alreday done my trials, fucked them up, did fair good in assessments and having fair shit arse ranks??any hope for me???

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Theres still the exams which are worth the other half of your final mark. Study really really hard for them and youll end up ok.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Leah.Midd said:
ok so wot if ive alreday done my trials, fucked them up, did fair good in assessments and having fair shit arse ranks??any hope for me???
Continue to study hard for the final HSC exam because, as miaomiao said, it is worth 50% of your final HSC mark. Though at this stage, there's not much point in proposing a hypothetical situation in which you do stuff up the trials. If you do some preparatipon over the next week or so, then you'll do well in the trials and the situation won't even arise :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
suger_plum said:
nope, im gunna DIE
so it doesnt really matter anymore anyway!
becasue i am gunna DIE
That raises an important point...don't give up because you think you didn't do as well as you could have. If you do well in the HSC exam then in spite of your assessment mark, you could still get 75 instead of 70. Consider that for 5 subjects and it could make a significant difference to your UAI.

Leah.Midd

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Continue to study hard for the final HSC exam because, as miaomiao said, it is worth 50% of your final HSC mark. Though at this stage, there's not much point in proposing a hypothetical situation in which you do stuff up the trials. If you do some preparatipon over the next week or so, then you'll do well in the trials and the situation won't even arise :)

it would help if i hadnt already done my trials!!!!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
exactly. I failed 3u maths, but still got an E4 prediction. Why? The test was hard. If i continue to think im going to fail, then im going to fail literally. Life rewards those people who continue working no matter what. Work hard and the marks will come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)