Julia Gillard new Prime Minister (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I had the first two periods off because I was watching the Today show in the library, and I was the messenger telling everyone about the news. To be honest, I'm the worst Labor supporter in the world, because I didn't even know this was happening today! I was too busy worrying about the Socceroos match agaisnt Serbia! =P

Needless to say, the fact that we have a female PM is fantastic. It's a push forward in a country that stands for equality amongst men and women in the workplace. However, I do have some issues with Ms Gillard as the PM.

Firstly, she backstabbed KRudd by challenging his leadership. She is quoted as saying "I felt I had to challenge the leadership because it was my duty as the deputy for the last three years." Well done, Julia! Feed of the hand that gives you the food, and you hack it off. Slowly, and painfully. She could have at least left the challenge till after the election.

Secondly, her position as the Education Minister has left Government schools across the country looking more like Flanders Fields rather than actual professional learning areas. I don't know about you, but I'm looking at the progress on the library extensions at my school, and it looks pretty ordinary. The so called "education revolution" is more like an education downfall, and quite frankly a waste of money. What I'm trying to say basically is that why should this woman be PM, if she can't even do her original job well enough?

I'm not trying to say that KRudd was the best PM in the world. I'm definitely not saying that Abbott's got this in the bag (because I sincerly hope that he doesn't). What I'm trying to say is is that what ever happened to the true Aussie mateship that has existed and prevailed for so long? What ever happened to sticking up for your mates when they were down and out, and needed a helping hand? KRudd needed a helping hand for this election, and Ms Gillard has just kicked him while he's down.

Everyone remember 24/6/2010. The day Australia's parliament lost its dignity.
ugh who are you

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Just announced: Stephen Conroy has been replaced with Kate Lundy and she is scrapping the filter entirely.

Yes!
If this is true, I will preference Labour 2nd.

HSC
Uni Grad
If it's true I will acknowledge Labor as a half decent party, pay more attention to them, and likely vote for them.

badquinton304

HSC
If it's true I will acknowledge Labor as a half decent party, pay more attention to them, and likely vote for them.
Yep. If that happens I would happy with them.
Its just I think all of this should have happened 3 months after the election, not now, changing leaders is far to risky.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep. If that happens I would happy with them.
Its just I think all of this should have happened 3 months after the election, not now, changing leaders is far to risky.
Yeh, I don't wanna vote for Abbott being such a religious nut but until Labor realise communisim aint cool, he has my vote.

But yes, It is quite risky doing it so close to election time.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeh, I don't wanna vote for Abbott being such a religious nut but until Labor realise communisim aint cool, he has my vote.

But yes, It is quite risky doing it so close to election time.
Hell no, Greens ftw

HSC
Uni Grad
Hell no, Greens ftw
Greens can't win though.
I see it as pointless to vote for anyone other than Labor or Liberal because it's not going to affect the outcome, whoever you vote for will give their preferences to either labor or liberal so...yeh....

Pl0x dispute or correct me but that's how I see it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Greens can't win though.
I see it as pointless to vote for anyone other than Labor or Liberal because it's not going to affect the outcome, whoever you vote for will give their preferences to either labor or liberal so...yeh....

Ever heard of the Australian Senate?

Obviously not.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Greens can't win though.

You know you can choose who your preferences go to, right?

HSC
Uni Grad
Well yeh, but there are quite a few minor parties and they will only get a few seats each (if that), from what I understand this is not enough to have any real influence over what bills do or do not get passed.

Or are seat holders from minor parties just vastly underrepresented in my head?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Well yeh, but there are quite a few minor parties and they will only get a few seats each (if that), from what I understand this is not enough to have any real influence over what bills do or do not get passed.

Or are seat holders from minor parties just vastly underrepresented in my head?
Balance of power...

JTwin

HSC
wow, hasn't australia already gone down enough recently?
i'm glad she's the first woman pm, but still... i'd rather it be someone else.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
julia gillard is a backstabber
first she backstabbed kevin rudd
then she will backstab australia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)