Uni, 4hrs straight of lessons too much? (1 Viewer)

physicss

HSC
Alright I need opinions on whether 4hrs straight of lectures/tutorials is too much to handle, coz i'm trying to squeeze things in and not sure if 4hrs straight is a good idea. Furthermore, what about 3hrs straight? Thanks.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Alright I need opinions on whether 4hrs straight of lectures/tutorials is too much to handle, coz i'm trying to squeeze things in and not sure if 4hrs straight is a good idea. Furthermore, what about 3hrs straight? Thanks.
Four hours is perfectly manageable. Hell, some of us have classes alone that go that long. Others here you'll find have more than eight hours straight without a break.

It's really not that long a period of time, you'll be fine.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
6 is about the longest you want, 4 is fine

I had 6 hours straight of just maths subjects one year, that was pretty shit

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Six isn't too bad. If you're sitting down that whole time it kind of sucks though.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Yeah, its bearable. Youll have about ten minutes break between each class, because lectures dont start on the dot (often they stop at .55 and start at .10) which you can use to eat or rest. Also, lectures longer than 2 hours usually have a break in the middle.

Lou283

HSC
Yeh 4 hours is fine - I wouldn't do much more than that personally if I could help it.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've done that a few times and it's fine.

Gmac_0

HSC
Nah, 4hrs is really only two lectures, anything six hours or less is fine really - if it'll get me an extra day off I'd definitely take it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've done that a few times and it's fine.
Same here. In fact, I'm genuinely surprised when I have less than four hours in a row.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
I done 4+. I just eat in the ten minute walk between classes.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Depends on the size of the classes

If you have smaller classes/know the lecturer in a middle class it'd be fine.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
2 hours is hard enough for me, 4 hours would be quite painful. :p

Then again I live on campus so home is never more than 10 minutes away so I don't have any of those other considerations. If I lived off-campus I'd take 4 hours straight and I'm sure I'd manage.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
*Looks at timetable*

I have 3 * 4hr of classes straight and 1 * 5hr of classes straight. ... so go figure.

I Study Hard

HSC
I'm going to be doing an 11hour day with a one hour break in the middle this semester. It's doable but I just know i'm going to be exhausted by the time I get home.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
4 hours is do-able. I remember my first semester of uni I had a lecture that went for 3 hours straight for intro to health science and it was death. Most lectures give 10 minute breaks every hour though. My advice is to bring food and just get through it as best you can. Take writing tools and write down small bits of information to keep you focused. The hardest part of uni lectures is not day dreaming. I find tutorials much better as it is normally more hands on. Personally 4 hours of straight classes beats spreading it out all day and having 1 or 2 hour breaks.

rx34

HSC
I'm going to be doing an 11hour day with a one hour break in the middle this semester. It's doable but I just know i'm going to be exhausted by the time I get home.
Are you kidding? That's hard core. I'm surprised they offer night classes. Are you also working part time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)