First day at uni (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
i am reaalllly looking forward to it! everyone i've met so far has been so nice and friendly. and they're actually interesting and intellectual people, unlike half the people in my school. it is so fucking weird actually sharing the same interests and desires with people.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
haha

what uni?
newcastle

it's not really that bad... there's definitely a lot of drop outs by census date. Plus as with every uni, each successive first year cohort is always the biggest ever, so the place gets more cramped

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Good luck to all the first years starting out tomorrow (today). You will enjoy it.

funnytomato

HSC
Does anyone know when the Centrelink start-up scholarships etc. are paid?

Also, Basser steps are nothing compared to what Bowral High kids had to contend with every day.
i was gonna say the same thing, lol

I'm pretty excited. I've got all my things ready for tomorrow. I've also rearranged all my new stationery for like the 2nd time. And my study table is looking pretty neat...for the meantime anyway.
Well, good luck everyone! :)
what stationary do we actually need?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
To answer Arceupins, the relocation and start-up scholarships are being paid out, generally, between the 3rd and 8th of March depending on what day you are regularly paid. I went up to Centrelink to change my details from living at home allowance, to living away from home allowance and I asked to know that information.

Lou283

HSC
I started last week (2nd year) and already wish it was the holidays again. I forgot just how bad the workload gets after the mid sem break and I have all my mid semester exams on the same day which just so happens to be my birthday . . .

Also with the start up scholarship - I got mine on Thursday last week - but that might have something to do with my uni starting earlier than most or because I am not first year. I dunno - but I remember it was like 3rd week in before I got mine last year.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I bought a laptop today. However everybody was using pen and paper and I used pen and paper too just not to look odd...

I think using a laptop would be great, the lectures are on blackboard so should be easier to see on a laptop screen, so why was nobody using it?

Also, the lecture was kinda boring.
Tomorrow is even worse. Lecture at 11-13 and then a four hour break before commencing the next lecture at 17-18...
1. Laptop for science is pretyt much useless.

2. You should have chosen a better timetable.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Oh is it? Why?
If so, I might as well not bring it on congested days and bring it on days with enormous breaks.
- It's pretty hard to draw a diagram on a computer that would take you only a few seconds to do on a piece of paper with a pen.
- A computer is pretty much useless altogether to math subjects. I fail to see how anyone is fast or concise enough to copy down math solutions on a computer faster than with pen and paper.
- Some lectureres do not let you use laptops in their lectures. This is fair enough as most people use them for facebook/gaming/movies etc anyway.
- You look odd when not many other people have laptops open around them. If you type loud, you will annoy other people.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
First day of uni was so so so good.

Already found 2 people that I want to fingerbang.

Kralex

HSC
I could make a nice timetable starting at 9 am and might end early but i would have to wake up early and i wont really have time to eat lunch.
So I chose to start as late as possible and that is what i get..........................
Well thats silly, now you have a really long break with nothing to do when you could have finished early, went home, had a nap and woke up and do more productive things.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What would Rafy think? *gasp*

Last edited:

terminator69

HSC
God, I still hate the people in my course SO much. This is going to be another miserable year for me.

Jonneeh

HSC
Tomorrow is even worse. Lecture at 11-13 and then a four hour break before commencing the next lecture at 17-18...
Thats the same with me xD
11: MATHS1141
17: CHEM1831

Dam public transport ended up 30minutes late to my first lecture ><"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)