The F1 Thread (3 Viewers)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
Oh dear, this is sad :'(

A British mechanic with the McLaren Mercedes Formula One racing team fell to his death Wednesday from the eighth floor of a Budapest hotel, AFPare reporting.

The 29-year-old fell from a terrace which was normally off-limits, police said. Foul play was not suspected but an investigation was taking place.

The unnamed man was here with the McLaren team for Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix. No further details are currently available.

And don't start any rumours that it had something to do with Ferrari!
On @ky they said it was the McLaren chef. Either way, condolences to those close to him.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its so sad :(

In more positive news, 5 michelin teams are having talks with bridgestone! Red Bull Racing will probably switch, as they are become another ferrari next season, toyota (strong Japanese links), williams, BAR, and renault are holding talks.

If they do change, it will be interesting. Sauber are currently the only team with a deal for next season. But next season qualifying will be better for bridgestone than michelin cause its more than one lap.

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
Cape said:
Oh dear, this is sad :'(

A British mechanic with the McLaren Mercedes Formula One racing team fell to his death Wednesday from the eighth floor of a Budapest hotel, AFPare reporting.

The 29-year-old fell from a terrace which was normally off-limits, police said. Foul play was not suspected but an investigation was taking place.

The unnamed man was here with the McLaren team for Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix. No further details are currently available.

And don't start any rumours that it had something to do with Ferrari!
In my day u used to just ask them to leave if u didnt want them anymore...shesh - how things hav changed.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
psyfre said:
In my day u used to just ask them to leave if u didnt want them anymore...shesh - how things hav changed.
hahahaha!!! Good one!!!

Oh, I found some tips to stay awake during the Hungarian GP, cause lets face it, we all know its as boring as bat shit.

1. Go to a chemist and buy a pack of ProPlus – don’t waste your money on that Red Bul***t

2. Set your alarm for half an hour into the race and set the snooze to ten minute intervals.

3. Train your dog to bark when James Allen says “certainly is”, that way he’ll wake you up every three minutes.

4. Watch something else and keep switching back to the grand prix every five minutes. If your eyes start to feel heavy, leave bigger time intervals between visits to the race.

5. Bet large sums of money on the outcome. That’ll keep your interest levels up high.

6. Video it and then watch it on Fast Forward

7. Get into training yourself by watching Bid Up TV for two hours. After that, even TV interference seems strangely interesting.

Enjoy the Hungarian GP. Forza consciousness!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Cape said:
hahahaha!!! Good one!!!

Oh, I found some tips to stay awake during the Hungarian GP, cause lets face it, we all know its as boring as bat shit.

1. Go to a chemist and buy a pack of ProPlus – don’t waste your money on that Red Bul***t

2. Set your alarm for half an hour into the race and set the snooze to ten minute intervals.

3. Train your dog to bark when James Allen says “certainly is”, that way he’ll wake you up every three minutes.

4. Watch something else and keep switching back to the grand prix every five minutes. If your eyes start to feel heavy, leave bigger time intervals between visits to the race.

5. Bet large sums of money on the outcome. That’ll keep your interest levels up high.

6. Video it and then watch it on Fast Forward

7. Get into training yourself by watching Bid Up TV for two hours. After that, even TV interference seems strangely interesting.

Enjoy the Hungarian GP. Forza consciousness!
hahahaha!!!!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Hungarian GP is great.
Home race for the finns...considered to be anyway.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bullshit its great. Even Monaco is better than Hungary. The only reason why you like it, is cause you said, its classed as a home race for the finns? Why is it their home race? Hungary and Finland are no where near each other :rolleyes:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Argonaut said:
Most Finns are described as being icy and humorless (or the humor is there, we jsut can't see it).

New race next round too.
it's new FINN(ish) SAUCE!!!! har har har har, it must be finnish humor

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't get it :( What ad? Argh!!!

Oh dear, maybe I'll just work on my sustainable recreation assignment instead.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hermann Tilke is basically in bed with Bernie. He has designed too many tracks - from memory Bahrain, Malaysia and he was going to construct the track in Mexico as well. But thats been scrapped. Turkey will be interesting, I can't wait to see the track. Bahrain and China were exciting last year, however, I do miss those European circuits which are slowly fading out.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bahrain is a cross between of Malaysia and Australia. I sorta like it, theres just one corner that pisses me off, and I can't get around it when I play it on the ps2. You have to brake really hard. Your right about Malaysia, its more fun than Bahrain. Long straights, tight twisty section, somewhat of a difficult set up. Plus tyre wear and the possibly of it always starting to rain in the middle of the race. 2002, I think, even Jos Verstappen (I think thats how you spell his last name) was leading the race!
I haven't seen much of the turkish track. But DC did a drive across that bridge in Turkey which contects Europe with Asia.
Haven't actually seen a race in Fuji, however I have a playstation game that goes there. Kinda interesting circuit.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh wow! Thanks Argonaut!! Turkey does look interesting. Shame theres a 3 week break between Hungary and Turkey. Looks sorta difficult to set up for, free flowing corners, tight corners, does look interesting. Wonder if it will be possible for people to overtake?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Cape said:
I don't get it :( What ad? Argh!!!

Oh dear, maybe I'll just work on my sustainable recreation assignment instead.
that ad aint finnish,
its like, swedish

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What ad? Stop confusing me Grizzy boy!!!

Oh, are ferrari finally getting back to their usual pace?
Baz seconded quickest and Michael 5th quickest during first practice. Knowing them, they are just lifting my hopes far too high so that they will come crashing down on sunday night :rolleyes:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Oh, are ferrari finally getting back to their usual pace?
Baz seconded quickest and Michael 5th quickest during first practice. Knowing them, they are just lifting my hopes far too high so that they will come crashing down on sunday night :rolleyes:
Its an all too familiar script this year isn't it? Schumi talking up his chances before each race and then letting us down.

I think the ad they are referring to is that stupid Finnish sauce ad.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
How come I haven't seen this finnish sauce ad???

Prac 2: Michael had a technical problem and baz crashed his ferrari down the straight :rolleyes: it was too good to be true.

But this made me laugh:
2005 champion-elect Fernando Alonso will celebrate his twenty fourth birthday at the wheel of his Renault on Friday.

However, in Budapest for the thirteenth grand prix out of nineteen, the Spaniard is planning neither a cake nor party.

'No - I'm focused on the weekend,' he insisted.

'Maybe if I win, then we can have a double party!'

Ferrari's Rubens Barrichello poked fun at the F1 youngster, who would become the youngest ever world champion.

The Brazilian, who debuted when Fernando was a twelve year old, grinned: 'How old is he? 19?'

Jenson Button joked that his F1 rivals' should band together to ensure that Alonso - a favourite in Hungary - gets 'really drunk' on Friday.

'We can do that,' the BAR driver laughed.

The press room, meanwhile, erupted in the loudest laughter when championship challenger Kimi Räikkönen offered his droll best wishes.

'Happy birthday,' the Finn croaked.

Even teammate Giancarlo Fisichella had to admit that - at 24 - Alonso should be applauded for crafting a 'quite easy' cruise to the title.

'He's been quite lucky this year,' said the Roman, 'but I am happy for him. Maybe he can give me a present on Sunday!'
There are also serious rumours going around about Kimi leaving Mclaren at the end of next year!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
haha thats pretty funni...i bet kimi would be the party organizer...

kimi aint leaving mclaren, its coz as soon as he wins the WC this year, or perhaps next, he will stay.... =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)