The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
That made me furious just fucking reading it. I'd be SO pissed off!

Next Weeks Roster:

MON | 0630 - 1500 SELFSRVE
TUE | N/A
WED | 1615 - 2230 SELFSRVE
THU | 1615 - 2230 SELFSRVE
FRI | 1615 - 2230 SELFSRVE
SAT | 1500 - 2230 SELFSRVE
SUN | N/A

Hours: 32.75

Fucking holiday hours in year 11 :(
Yeah, but I bet you're the richest guy in your year though :p

About this EDR thingy, is that the equivalent to our 'Onecard?'...Basically for every $10 you get 1 point, and you get discounts on certain items.

If so, when it was introduced 5 years ago, it took a while to start, but now, considering NZ only has 4mil people, there are over 2mil Onecards.

Although they aren't barcodes, they have magnetic strips and go through the Eftpos machine.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
EDR is the worst thing everrrrr. I feel so bad failing mode of sales for not asking/offering edr
No, Babikakez… EDR = FAIL!
I find that it's the regulars that hate being asked the most. So I try to remember not to ask them.

Also @ iMatthew…wow that's certainly a LOT of hours! You're PPT right?
I'm 19, casual and getting 15~20 hours a week, which is pretty decent. But yeah, definitely negotiate a set limit of hours during your Year 12. At the end of the day, you're just a number. The company doesn't really care that you have a life or other aspirations. My mate is currently working 5 hours a week because he wrote to the SDA requesting it. That way, work doesn't interfere with study and he doesn't need to complete stuff at school.

On another note, my CSM is leaving us for another store…so back to the securities of good old PPT!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Huzzah. Roster for this week:
M: 15:00 - 24:00
T: 16:00 - 24:00
W: Day Owed for working 6 days last week.
T: Day off
F: Day off
S: 10:00 - 20:00
S: 13:00 - 20:00

decent week. I can't wait till i have a day off. Worked from Sunday till Friday, had training for 5 hours on Saturday, and worked Sunday >=/

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I discovered that the apprentice is a very good worker, and he made my life bliss today :)
I also discovered that I am doing 4 weeks 2IC relief after Easter (making it 12 weeks total this year), at least another 2 weeks in October (14 weeks total) another 2 weeks in either September or November (16 weeks total) and then *MAYBE* a 10 week period sometime around October assuming it doesn't fall at the same time as the other periods lol.
So.... 16 weeks guaranteed if not 24 weeks. In one calendar year. :spzz:

Also I finally got my 38 hour contract today :cool: about time! And out new SM who's now been at the store for a week and one day wants me as salaried 3IC having spoken to me once. Top stuff!

bec_194

HSC
So who works for Woolworths (not just the supermarket but also DSE, Tandy, Liquor, BWS, Dan Murphy's)

I'm a 'Fresh Food Person' 'Bringing food to life' at a Woolworths Metro (Boronia Park) which provides 'Fine Food Without the Fuss', tho i supply the local community with grog.

So woolworths employees, share ur stories, ur position, ur bitching and moaning.

My Position: Liquor Assistant!

TO ORDER GREEN/SPOT/STRIPEY SHIRTS

goto

MainLogin

i also work for woolworths at boronia park :D do you still work there?
chances are even if u dont i probably know u cause i have been shopping there since i was about 5

bec_194

HSC
You'd HAVE to know townie then ;)
Especially if you're front end.
lol i just went on his profile and yes i do know him :D sad to see him leave and now the evil front end manager is back :(

right on que she calls and askes if i can work tonight

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
Home from work..good day =D

I dont think the new uniforms will take off tbh. Everyone in my store is refusing to wear them. I was talking to the SSM today and she said she got her shirts but isnt wearing them unless she HAS to. And all the supervisors are still wearing the green vest.

Will be interesting =P

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
*shrugs* Maybe it's just your store, Harry, coz my store seems to have quite a lot. Pretty much every department manager/2ic (apart from the groceries manager, who says he hasn't bought them simply because he has enough of the old ones to last quite some time) has them. SM and SSM are waiting on orders, one of our STMs has his.

I can't see our nightfillers taking them up with great enthusiasm though! They already complained *last* time about having to pay $15 for their shirts, lol.

HSC
Home from work..good day =D

I dont think the new uniforms will take off tbh. Everyone in my store is refusing to wear them. I was talking to the SSM today and she said she got her shirts but isnt wearing them unless she HAS to. And all the supervisors are still wearing the green vest.

Will be interesting =P
Have your managers got their stripey shirts yet?

PyroTek

HSC
I'm the only one in my store who has the new spot shirt, one other person has the plain one, the rest are STILL waiting on their 4 month old orders. Poor people. (Yes, they HAVE been charged for the shirts already)
Good day today. Was pretty proud, started off being very worried i wouldnt get stock to fill my gaps. Ended up with the stock, and very little overstocks. That IS what we aim for, correct? :D

PYRROOOO

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Not impressed with my SM. A new rule was implemented today,stating that only Supervisors,Managers & S/S Operator are allowed inside the service desk. So,If I`m on SCO and I need,say 10c from the SCO container because the machine hasn`t dispensed the correct change,I have to stand at the desk and wait for someone to come. Same with the PA. And All my female colleagues who lock their bags in the service desk bag cupboard,now have to stand at the desk and pass their bag to a supervisor who can lock it away. And same to get cleaning supplies. Bloody Stupid! :( My CSM is NOT impresses. I want our old SM back!
That rule comes and goes with assuring regularity about twice a year. It'll last like 6 days.

ie. Chimes. "Attention customers. As the time is now 10 past 6,this store is officially closed. Please make your way towards the checkout to finalise your purchases and thank you for shopping at Woolworths Riverton,the freshest of Fresh food people."Chimes
Oh cool, once on duty there were like seven billion people in the store, and i just made a close announcement on the spot (we haven't been allowed them for years) and it was pretty much exactly that. Great minds think alike.

I was once typing in a barcode from a RTC label because it wouldn't scan, I was literally 3 numbers away from finishing it, and the smart C*** decided it'd be handy to reach around and swipe his EDR.
I said "-siiiiggghhhhh- I was typing in this long barcode, and you cancelled it all, and your EDR didn't work" - I gave him a deathstare and didn't talk to him for the rest of the transaction. - Bearing in mind I was having a pretty shitty day already.
Oh my God i would have smashed their face off.

Actually no I probably would of done exactly what you did.

I agree! I rarely ask for them, stuff offering them it!

DIE EDR Cards! >< worst invention ever Mr Woolworths!
We've have our F$C since like the dawn of time, and I'm so sick of mainlanders getting all snooty because we don't accept EDRs, so i usually say something along the lines of "well we came up with the awesome idea first so go smoke some crack".

I think on Saturday i convinced the relief SM that we need an extra 10-2 or 10-3 on Saturdays, after preying on his vulnerability after experiencing another blood-freezing, Karachi bazaar-style Saturday morning. But then he dropped the bombshell of "I'm a strong believer of supervisors serving in this store" (practical translation: the sole supervisor serving on a main lane (we don't have express) whilst there is a queue at the service desk, the phone is abuzzing, bells are ringing, people need price checks and overrides and at the same time we are expected to maintain some sort of basic customer service level). Pretty sure the CSM will tell him to get fucked though. Probably in those exact terms as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)