Do you lose marks for having 2 related texts? (1 Viewer)

sexfarm

HSC
Re: Called up Board of Studies regarding 2 related texts

It will be completely unfair if people that wrote about 2 texts are not penalised. They did write about what they were required to write about. I hope they buff up the marks of people who wrote about 1. If they don't do something fair, then i will get pissed. BOS are a bunch of assholes.

sexfarm

HSC

It will be completely unfair if people that wrote about 2 texts are not penalised. They did not write about what they were required to write about. I hope they buff up the marks of people who wrote about 1. If they don't do something fair, then i will get pissed. BOS are a bunch of assholes.

yheywood87

HSC

all of these threads are pointless. use you're brains. clearly it said ONE related text, correct.. i really don't think the markers are going to give extra marks to idiots cant even read the question correctly!

they will most likely simply not look at the second related text and mark on the rest.. meaning that those who did do two will have a less detailed response because they wasted time doing the unnecessary extra work..

hollaholla

HSC

Im pretty sure most of the people wrote two because they misread the question..and not purposely wrote two because it said one..- -'' (why didn't they write 3 related texts then?, i wonder if anyone did actually...? haha) Well people that wrote one can easily bag out people that wrote two, good on ya. I wrote two haha. Oh well
1) 99% of people did NOT 'misread' the question..ONE ONE ONE in CAPITAL CAPITAL CAPITAL. They just wrote two to make their essays longer .
2) If you did misread the question, you still deserve to lose marks. 2 major essay questions and you actually MISREAD one of them?? in the HSC?? In chemistry, if you read carbon monoxide instead of dioxide and describe effects of carbon monoxide instead of carbon dioxide...will you lose marks? yes.

I think people that wrote 2 should be marked down. Including irrelevant stuff is unacceptable..and they mark the answer as a whole.

kenshinx77

HSC

HAHAHAHA love the convo buddy ;)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

1) 99% of people did NOT 'misread' the question..ONE ONE ONE in CAPITAL CAPITAL CAPITAL. They just wrote two to make their essays longer .
2) If you did misread the question, you still deserve to lose marks. 2 major essay questions and you actually MISREAD one of them?? in the HSC?? In chemistry, if you read carbon monoxide instead of dioxide and describe effects of carbon monoxide instead of carbon dioxide...will you lose marks? yes.

I think people that wrote 2 should be marked down. Including irrelevant stuff is unacceptable..and they mark the answer as a whole.
i agree.

my essay could actually have gone way more in depth if i used two related texts because i could have gone with more arguments, as it was, i had to settle for my crap related text that had the most arguments, but if i had to pick one on merit alone, that related to the text the most, it wouldn't have been that.

the same thing happened in my trial. the question asked for a discussion between the composers of BR/Fr, and i wrote a proper discussion, ie, he said, she said, etc, and people who didn't read the question and wrote a straight essay got marked higher than me because their responses were better, which mine could have been, if i'd decided to ignore the question, but no, i did a proper discussion, which i'm crap at, therefore got shitty marks. and the same thing is going to happen in the hsc.

FUCK i hate english.

kwabon

Banned
HSC

THOSE BASTARDS.

i still dunno though, the second related text may be read, but i dont think it will be marked. depending on which related text is better for the guys who wrote two, the marker will mark that one and the prescribed text.
that what i think, and i will be happy if they do that.

aeiss

HSC

c/o vb

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

what the hell kind of desks are those?!

ryanskies

HSC

Ahahahahahahahahahahaahaha.

laura-clark

HSC

Firstly, i did actually read the question, and pondered whether i should use 2 or not, and ended up using the 2. i wrote 9 pages, so if they decide to ignore the second text- pretty sure i will still have an indepth answer

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC

lol at the photo.

Last edited:

chantszhin

HSC

Error Carry Forward just like maths, lose one mark max.

Missy.15

HSC

omg calm down..
its just a question. Im sure you went great so everything will be ok.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC

Not very happy about any suggestion that the BOS are going to give people who did 2 relateds a free pass. Reading the questions right is part of the exam. You don't do it ... well, that's not anyone else's problem but yours.

This whole thing has definitely taught me to check each question like four times just in case there are any other departures from norm, though.

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
It's up to the marker's discretion really.

Some person mentioned a good half essay, followed about something to do with dolphins and they wouldn't get "penalised". This is obviously not necessarily true (interesting example, but whatever).

It's the marker's decision for YOUR mark. If you wrote a good essay, they felt it was good then they're like "well! here you go Band 6".

If you feel you wrote a good, memorised essay, then had something about dolphins at the end because you were surprised by the one related text question, it doesn't mean you will necessarily lose OR gain marks. It's up to the marker to decide (different marker's may like dolphins...?)

Just my 2c.

Bit interesting how so many people did two RT though, just because their memorised essay's required them. Just chop out some shit and work on the basic idea of your memorised essay. Thank Christ i listened to my teachers for 2 years "READ THE QUESTION" every day on the board (exaggeration but you get my point).
couldn't have said it better myself, english is subjective enough as it is, i don't think the extra text will make much of a difference. And lets say it does, again, theres zilch that u can do about it, so just relax and hope they don't do that again for module C tommorrow. But all said and done...you all could solve your problems by reading the question...i mean if you all pulled your heads outta ur asses and took a look at the big capital case ONE.....i mean for 40 minutes, man, at LEAST, and not one look?

esstown

HSC

Honestly those who write two will have a better sounding response as they are able to talk about more aspects of belonging. People like myself who read the question and wrote ONE related shouldn't be marked the same as those who wrote about two.

btw tip for tomorrow;
READ THE FUCKING QUESTION
goodnight:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)